National consultant for Mid Term Evaluation- YUWA
National consultant for Mid Term Evaluation
RHRN Nepal platform is a unique partnership model among 15 diverse civil society organizations (CSOs) and networks based in five districts that is committed to joint national and sub-national including regional and global advocacy on issues around legalization of same sex marriage (Rights of LGBTIQ people), Safe Abortion (SRHR of young girls) and Comprehensive Sexuality Education (Rights to SRHR education of young people).
YUWA serves as the platform secretariat for this strategic partnership, which is a youth-led and youth-run organization. The platform secretariat is responsible for sub-granting and all the administrative and financial management of the overall project.
The mid-term evaluation is undertaken with the aim of gaining a deep understanding of project efficiency. This will involve assessing project progress toward its stated objectives as well as contribution to theory of change. The evaluation is intended to draw on lessons learned and achievements of projects so far to determine what can be done to achieve better project results and identify what improvements and adjustments can be made that would ensure achievement of project goals by the end of 2021.
- The total contract time will be for 30 days i.e. April 1, 2018 to April 30, 2018
National consultants are expected to deliver the following by the specified deadline i.e within the contract period:
- Inception report, including detailed methodology
- Transcripts, available on request to global consultants
- Final report
The final report should contain, at a minimum, the following sections:
- Advocacy and coalition-building outcomes achieved
- Methodology and limitations
- Analysis of data on each of the selected evaluation questions
- Findings and recommendations for the platform on each of the selected evaluation questions
- Appendices with the tools used for the evaluation (e.g. FGD guide, survey questionnaire)
Roles and responsibilities
- An analysis of what extent is the platform stronger/ more capable to achieve its expected outcomes than its individual organizations? What (internal and external) factors contribute or hamper this?
- Whether there has been progress made towards achievement of the project results
- Recommendations for future implementations and follow-up
Essential and relevant experience
- Undergraduate or higher degree in social sciences or relevant discipline with 3-5 years of working experience in qualitative research
- Proven experience in evaluating partnerships and consortium governance
- Works from a Human Rights Based approach
- Has a progressive stance on sexual and reproductive health and rights, specifically young people’s sexual rights and diversity
- Is youth-friendly and has non-discriminatory attitudes towards working with young people
- Strong writing skills with ability to present in a style that is accessible to readers
- Proficiency both in English and Nepali
Interested individual consultants must submit the following documents/information to demonstrate their qualifications at [email protected] by 5:00 pm March 21, 2018.
- Letter of Interest (Cover Letter) and an updated Curriculum Vitae of the consultant
- Sample of one or two previous evaluation reports produced by the individual consultants/ firm (as a research lead).
Detailed draft evaluation plan consisting of: –
- Description and roles of research team members
- Work plan/time frame including methodology and deliverables.
- Budget breakdown
Please clearly indicate the consultancy you are applying in the subject line of the email.
Qualified female candidates, people with disabilities, and minorities are highly encouraged to apply.