Monitoring and Evaluation Officer-The National Association of People living with HIV and AIDS
The National Association of People living with HIV and AIDS (NAP+N) was established after the first national consultation of PLHIVs in 2003. This historic event, succeeded in bringing 30 PLHIV participants from across the country to agree to one common goal: ‘To unite all those living with the virus in Nepal and fight back.’
NAP+N has focused on building the capacity of local PLHIV groups to respond appropriately to the needs of PLHIVs and its related Key Populations in area of advocacy, prevention, care and support, counseling, raising community awareness, providing information and education and improving access to the healthcare and legal services. NAP+N is the largest network of grassroots organizations working on the frontlines of this concentrated epidemic to achieve the national goal.
NAP+N is committed towards the promotion of autonomy and empowerment of PLHIVs which will help them make informed decision. NAP+N ensure that PLHIVs are in the forefront of policy making debates and their meaningful involvement at all levels is essential. The network is working towards multi-sectored collaboration and aims to develop strong working partnership with Non-Governmental Organizations (NGOs), the government and the private sectors.
NAP+N (a national network of PLHIV) has its functional and meaningful presence all over the country throughout the five regions and around 65 districts. It has extensive membership-any PLHIV led CBOs paying very nominal membership fee, can gain its membership. Among them, 73 percentage of CBOs are led by migrated PLHIV community. And more than eighty percent of it’s clients are migrant and their wives. Similarly, as a result, current executive board of NAP+N has led by key populations (except MSM/TG). The majority of board members are from migrant and their spouses which also incorporate women and socially excluded groups.
It can mobilize all its affiliated community based organizations to mitigate the national goal. The prevention model should incorporate the meaningful involvement of People Living with HIV and greater involvement of People Living with HIV concept along with evidence based HIV prevention program “Nothing about us without us” (Declaration of Ending AIDS by 2030, HLM UNGASS-2016). The NAP+N as an institution has vast array of HIV related work experience for more than a decade. It has demonstrated its ability to manage huge grants and is well equipped both technically and programmatically. In 2010, HIV/AIDS Project Management Unit (PMU) of UNDP Nepal, in written, has recognized NAP+N for best management of Challenge Fund.
Monitoring and Evaluation Officer
Level: 5 (Five)
Reports to: Monitoring and Evaluation Manager
No of position: 1 (One)
Duty Station: Dhangadi with frequent travel to NAP+N partner CBOs under GFATM
Position type: Contract
Salary & Benefits: As per HR Policy of NAP+N
Contract Duration: Initially up to 31st December 2018 and with possibility of extension depending on funding availability
- Support M&E team, programmatic activities and ensure monitoring and evaluation in a timely, efficient and effective manner
- Supervise and monitor data quality, tracking the progress of activities of HIV and TB program
- Support M&E Manager and Team Leader to develop M&E plan, concept notes, etc
- Collect Periodically narrative, progress report from partner organization, compile the report and submit to the concerned stakeholders
- Support to develop and design tools for proper Data management system of TB program
- Provide Technical assist to M&E Officer to facilitate data collection and the flow of data
- Identify strengths and weaknesses in existing data collection and management systems
- Perform field visits with team to ensure the quality of data collected by Programs
- Supportive role in preparing log frames, M&E work plans, and targets set during project proposals as well as project implementation
- Coordinate with different agencies and NAP+N other program units and regional offices to document implemented activities
- Supervise the TB program and partner NGOs for their quality performance and support them in linking with other required services
- Support PMU team in preparing project plan, identifying issues related to PLHIV rights, access to quality treatment for PLHIV and link with other services
- Any other job assigned as per program need
- Work in close collaboration with the team of NAP+N, Donor agencies & PLHIV led organizations.
- Represent NAP+N in different forums to carry out the objectives and goals.
- Promote NAP+N wherever possible.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Public Health or equivalent having 3 years of working experiences in HIV and TB related projects, emphasis will be given for Health Assistant background
- Good Data management, analytical skills, documentation skills and able to deliver with minimal supervision
- Good coordination and communication skills; strong team player and calm even under pressure
- Fluent in English and Nepali (speaking and writing)
- Ability to work with target groups of People Living with HIV,
- Proficiency on computer usage on office Packages, email and internet
- Having driving license of Motorbike will be an asset
All interested candidates are requested to submit curriculum vitae and motivation letter with subject head as “Application for the position of Monitoring and Evaluation Officer” to [email protected] or sealed envelope to National Association of PLWHA in Nepal (NAP+N), Tokha Municipality-10, Karki Niwas, Samakhusi, Ring Road , Kathmandu, Nepal no later than 5 PM of 6th. April 2018. People living with HIV or affected candidate meeting above requirements are highly encouraged to apply.