Monitoring and Evaluation Manager- Possible : Monitoring and Evaluation Manager, Community Healthcare – Kathmandu, Nepal
Possible is seeking an entrepreneurial Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Manager to lead the development of monitoring and evaluation plan, its execution and continuously improve quality of interventions and outcomes for the entire organization.
Interested candidates (Nepali Citizens) are requested to apply by 2 October, 2018.
Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply
The Organization: Possible
Possible, also known as Nyaya Health, is a nonprofit organization delivering healthcare to underserved communities in Nepal in partnership with the Ministry of Health. With over 300 full time staff, we deliver care to over 150,000 patients annually in two hospital hubs and through our community health worker network. We have witnessed dramatic results through our integrated hospital-to-home model that has helped reduce maternal and infant morbidity and mortality. We envision a future where everyone, regardless of location or income, is guaranteed universal health coverage as a human right.
Reports to: Community Healthcare Director
Direct Reports: Community M&E Associates
Department: Community Healthcare
Travel: 40% Achham, 40% Dolakha and 20% in Kathmandu
The Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) Manager will provide technical leadership to develop robust monitoring and evaluation framework, systems, plans and indicators to capture program results and provide effective, accurate and timely monitoring, and evaluation support for the entire organization including hospital based clinical and community healthcare program. The M&E Manager will supervise and manage the M&E team to design and implement M&E activities, ensuring that lessons learned are integrated into implementation and digital tools improvement to continuously improve quality of interventions and outcomes.
Big 3 Responsibilities:
- Build, design and strengthen Monitoring, Evaluation, Learning and Accountability Systems, Framework and robust metrics for increased impact of all programs in the organization
- Review M&E systems and metrics with teams for continuous quality improvement and increased efficiency while strengthening Monitoring, Evaluation, Learning and Accountability Systems
- Utilize metrics to analyze, monitor and evaluate programs to provide strategic guidance and direction to programs
Area of Responsibility (AoR):
The M&E Manager will be mainly responsible for overseeing the following areas of responsibilities:
1. Build, design and strengthen Monitoring, Evaluation, Learning and Accountability Systems, Framework and robust metrics for increased impact of all programs in the organization.
- Provide leadership and direction to build and strengthen design and implementation of monitoring and evaluation systems, protocols and processes to collect and analyze data for evidence-based programming decisions and to ensure program achieves its goals and corresponding objectives and target.
- Ensure quality of data through data verification procedures including routine data quality audits and that these are routinely carried out at care delivery sites e.g. Quality assurance during care delivery and data collection through CHWs at homes and institution.
- Work with Community Healthcare Director, Provincial Director, Medical Director and EHR team to ensure alignment of M&E tools with EHR platform and organizational vision and framework for M&E e.g. Triple Aim Metrics Framework, CommCare and Bahmni platform
- Guide testing of M&E tools and processes and adapt as necessary.
- Build M&E capacity of front line health workers, and managers to set and meet program targets while maintaining optimum intervention quality.
2. Review M&E systems and metrics with teams for continuous quality improvement and increased efficiency while strengthening Monitoring, Evaluation, Learning and Accountability Systems
- Work to CMEAs to ensure consistency of standards, harmonization of information and input from frontline health workers and sharing of learnings.
- Liaise with program managers, leaders and researchers to streamline and standardize M&E tools and strategies across locations.
- Cultivate and strengthen data culture in the organization and support teams to make evidence informed decisions.
- Work closely with teams to process, analyze and utilize data to assess trends, triangulate with government data system and make necessary recommendations to systems and interventions.
- Perform regular M&E system reviews across sites and continually adapt and strengthen M&E systems.
3. Utilize metrics to analyze, monitor and evaluate programs to provide strategic guidance and direction to programs.
- Contribute as a thought partner with the Community Healthcare Director, Medical Director and Director of Implementation Research, and other senior Leaders across sites for strategic decision-making and development of national metrics to inform program design and effectiveness.
- Oversee monthly and quarterly Community Healthcare, hospital and program metrics for municipalities, and districts and work with the team to ensure program targets and objectives are met.
- Ensure a data culture – including regular utilization of data to inform program decisions and improvements– in each hub within the district.
- Submit monthly summary and recommendations to Community Healthcare Director, Provincial Director, Medical Director and Senior Leaders on achievements, challenges and discuss lessons
4. Lead, manage, and mentor M&E team
- Lead, manage, supervise and mentor M&E team.
- Conduct a weekly one-on-one meeting with direct reports and manager. Ensure compliance to organization’s communications platform, including Asana, Gmail, and Gcal, for effective communication.
- Conduct annual performance evaluations for direct reports as per organization’s performance management system.
- Develop team members in line with organization’s culture and ensure team members adhere to organization’s policy and management system.
- Ensure team members are adhering to organizational systems and tools to the highest standard and are working across teams effectively to drive the organization forward.
- The above list of responsibilities is not comprehensive, and the M&E Manager may be required to take on additional responsibilities, as determined by the Community Healthcare Director.
- Master’s in public health or relevant academic degree
- A minimum of 4 years’ experience in public health implementation, management, monitoring and evaluation with a minimum of two years’ experience in designing robust monitoring and evaluation systems. Experience of monitoring and evaluation of both hospital based clinical work and public health program will be advantageous.
- Skills: Data Analysis, learner, timeliness of performance, team building, coordination and humility
- Excellent communications skills in both English and Nepali
Application deadline: 2 October 2018.