Team Leader, Monitoring, Evaluation and Operational Research (MEOR)- Abt Associates
Position: Team Leader, Monitoring, Evaluation and Operational Research (MEOR)
Location: Kathmandu, Nepal
Supervisor: Abt Associates Contractor Representative
Term: Full time for the duration of the project (until to December 2020)
Abt Associates is currently seeking a Team Leader for the Monitoring, Evaluation and Operational Research (MEOR) project, an existing project. MEOR is delivered in partnership with Abt Associates and is funded by the UK Department for International Development (DFID). MEOR enables DFID Nepal to continuously improve and adapt its programme to ensure that the Nepal Health Sector Programme 3 (NHSP3) intended outcomes and impact are achieved by:
- Contributing to strengthening results and progress monitoring of DFID Nepal’s health sector programmes, including validating methodologies and tracking progress against the NHSP3 Theory of Change and Logframe and assessing value for money; and
- Helping to build and share evidence derived from DFID/NHSP3 programme, and health sector reform and equitable service delivery more generally in Nepal.
The Team Leader provides leadership, management, and strategic direction for the provision of MEOR technical services to DFID Nepal. This position is responsible for guiding the MEOR Team, for assuring that services are responsive to the stated priorities of DFID Nepal and of excellent quality, and for achieving maximum value for money. The Team Leader will report to the home office-based Contractor Representative, and will exercise authority within technical services team for technical, management, resource allocation and personnel decisions. S/he will play a significant technical role in monitoring, evaluation and research in relation to DFID’s overall investment in Nepal’s Health Sector Strategy 2015-2020. The Team Leader will serve as Abt Associates’ main liaison with DFID Nepal and Government of Nepal (GoN) counterparts and be accountable for the successful management and delivery of responsive, flexible MEOR services.Duties will include but are not limited to the following:
- Provide leadership and managerial oversight for provision of MEOR services to DFID and the GoN, assuring that Abt and consortium member experts deliver technical assistance and products of the highest possible quality;
- Oversee design and implementation of monitoring and evaluation activities to measure the results of DFID’s overall investment in Nepal’s National Health Sector Strategy; and
- Lead planning and monitoring of activities such that all agreed on milestones are met, required technical and financial reporting is completed and value for money (VfM) is delivered.
- Master’s Degree or higher in Public Health, Sociology/Social Science Research or other relevant field;
- Significant (10 years+), senior-level experience designing, implementing, and managing or evaluating complex health programmes;
- Experience leading the management of overseas development assistance contracts, (DFID project experience highly desirable);
- Demonstrated technical depth in at least one of the following areas preferred: operations research, programme monitoring and/or evaluation of complex health programmes, experience in Nepal or similar country settings;
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills in English required;
- Demonstrated success managing consortia or multi-donor programmes desired;
- Experience building and maintaining partnerships with other projects, local organisations, host country governments, and international agencies.
Further Information & Application Details
Further information in regards to this opportunity can be found in the Position Description available from the Careers page of Abt Associate’s website at: http://www.abtassociates.com.au/careers/job-search/.
Applications should be submitted online via the Careers page of Abt Associate’s website, and should include a current CV, cover letter and a response to the key selection criteria as outlined in the Terms of Reference.The closing date for applications is Wednesday, 28th February 2018.We welcome and thank all applications, however only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.