World Vision International Nepal (WVIN) is a global Christian relief, development and advocacy organization dedicated to working with children, families and communities to overcome poverty and injustice. WVIN has been working with the world’s most vulnerable people operating in Nepal since 2001. WVIN serves all people regardless of religion, race, ethnicity or gender. Program aims to improve the well-being of the poor especially children through sustainable development, humanitarian emergency affairs (HEA) and advocacy. As a Child Safe Organization (CSO) WVIN commits to and ensures “do no harm” in our work with children and communities. Furthermore, we require and promote child safe behaviors at work as well as in personal life. Every individual affiliated with WVIN is responsible and accountable to comply and promote with the standards of CSO. Monitoring Evaluation Accountability Learning and Strategy (MEALS) department is headed by Director for MEAL and Strategy. The department works as an independent body to improve WVIN’s programme quality and demonstrate evidence of changes to have maximum impact to the most vulnerable children and communities. The department has been restructured on ‘lean and sufficient’ principle to provide guidance and oversight to field to achieve WVIN strategy. This department will have a) Monitoring and Accountability Unit, b) Information and Strategy Management Unit, c) Evidences Unit. The Evidence Manager heads “Evidence” Unit.
Job Title: MEAL Officer
Reports To: Project Manager-KITAB Project
Matrix Report: Field MEALS Specialist, WVIN EFO
Location: East Field Office
Department/Group: WVIN, East Field Office
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
This position has responsibility to support Field MEAL Specialist to ensure assessment, baseline, regular monitoring and evaluation of KITAB project are done with high quality. The position is further designed to ensure the digital platform prepared for the project has been handled properly. The work further includes coordination, network and collaboration with the stakeholders are done to ensure all the M&E requirements are met.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
The following knowledge, skills, and abilities may be acquired through a combination of formal schooling, selfeducation, prior experience, or on-the-job training.
- Bachelor’s degree in development studies, economics, public health, agriculture or in the fields suitable for development
- Master’s degree in development studies, management, public health, economics, agriculture, statistics or in the fields suitable for development (Preferred)
- Knowledge & Skills Knowledge of development and humanitarian industry. Essential Writing quality reports. Essential Data management.
- Demonstrate collaboration & team building skills Essential Effective relationship management skills; ability to influence without having authority
- Excellent oral and written English and Nepali communication skills
- Understand WV’s vision, core values and strategic mandates Preferred Ability to structure and manage one’s own work
- Experience A 2-3 years proven record of monitoring, designing and leading surveys, carrying out basic data analysis (central tendency, cross tabulations) esp. for indicators relating to education.
- Cross-functional management experience in an I/NGO, UN/ bilateral organizational environment