Lab Technician, Charikot Hospital – Possible : Possible is seeking a Lab Technician for Charikot Hospital (Proposed), our full-service community hospital located in Dolakha District.
Our Lab Technician are responsible for ensuring that our lab provides high-quality, twenty-four-hour service with standard protocols and continuous quality improvement. They are also responsible for leading the lab’s efforts in compiling data, for maintaining and improving the functionality of the laboratory and its equipment.
If you are an excellent team player, entrepreneurial and self-starting, have great management skills, take ownership of the job, and thrive in challenging environments, you are the best fit for the position. Possible welcomes you to apply for this opportunity to be part of an organization impacting hundreds of thousands of lives in rural Nepal.
The organization: Possible
Possible is a nonprofit healthcare company that delivers high-quality, low-cost healthcare to the world’s poor. We are pioneering a new approach, called durable healthcare that brings together the best of private, public, and philanthropic models. Since 2008, Possible has treated over 600,000 patients in rural Nepal through government hospitals, clinics, community health workers, and a referral network.
Learn more about our culture and work in this feature from First Round Capital entitled “This Culture Deck Powers the World’s Toughest Work.”
The opportunity: Are you the right fit?
We are looking for an entrepreneurial leader who will responsibly and compassionately serve our patients through ensuring our lab is always functioning with high-quality, twenty-four-hour service with standard protocols and continuous quality improvement. Strong preference will be given to those who can prove they can operate in fast-growth environments with limited resources.
Most importantly, your orientation toward the work should match well with our operating values, captured by our For-Impact Culture Code.
Lastly, you’re a believer, not an employee. And you’re looking for an opportunity to use your time and energy to transform an early stage organization and impact hundreds of thousands of lives.
Report to: lab In-charge
Direct Report: N/A
Number of Opening: 1
Education and skills:
- Certificate in Medical Laboratory Technology with experience in microbiology with valid NHPC registration.
- Good computer skill.
- Extensive previous hospital work experience, VCT training, GeneXpert expertise, and blood transfusion training preferred.
- Technical and clinical knowledge to manage laboratory as well as microbiology unit.
- Knowledge and skill in quality control.
- Excellent team player.
- Willingness to learn from and mentor others.
- Strong Work Ethics.
- Desire to continue learning.
- Hard working.
- Works with honesty and integrity.
- Professional conduct in manner, dress and maturity.
Big 3 Responsibilities:
- Lead functioning of the lab for high-quality, twenty-four-hour service with standard operating protocols and continuous quality improvement.
- Maintain data necessary for Possible, government and research purposes relevant to the lab.
- Ensure maintenance and improvement of laboratory and its equipment.
Areas of Responsibility:
1. Lead functioning of the lab for high-quality, twenty-four-hour service with standard protocols and continuous quality improvement.
- Duties include drawing blood, matching computer order with specimen labeling, checking labeling, logging specimen and arrangement of reports.
- Running lab tests, maintain quality result by running standard and control and performing other duties under the direction of the Lab In-charge.
- Communicate to Laboratory In-charge for any abnormal report before dispatching.
- Work as much as is dictated by patient volume and available staff.
- Perform microbiological procedure such as urine culture, blood culture, sputum culture etc.
- Perform quality control and interpretation accordingly.
2. Maintain data necessary for Possible, government, and research purposes relevant to the lab.
- Respond in a timely manner to all data requests.
- Maintenance accurate record and reporting of data.
- Preparation of monthly, bimonthly and annual data.
3. Ensure maintenance and cleanliness of the laboratory and its equipment.
- Clean and maintain a safe, hygienic, dignified workplace.
- Be proactive in keeping the lab functioning at the highest level.
- Inspection of laboratory cleanliness and guide to facility aid.
This job description may be amended at any time with the consent of both the employee and the direct supervisor.
100% of time will be spent at Charikot Hospital, Possible’s hospital hub.