Junior Advisor Health Education -The Royal Tropical Institute (KIT)
The Royal Tropical Institute (KIT) in Amsterdam is a multifaceted centre of expertise for international and intercultural cooperation. KIT aims to improve health and ensure equitable socio-economic development.
KIT Health aims to improve the health of people in low- and middle-income countries (LMICs) by cooperation on research, evaluation, advice and education. Our mission is to improve equity in health by empowering people and strengthening health systems. We work with partners to generate context-specific knowledge and to build capacity at the interface of policy and practice. Key thematic areas of work are education, sexual and reproductive health & rights (SRHR), health systems strengthening and disease prevention and control.
KIT has been offering training programmes in international public health since 1963. Currently this includes two international Masters Programmes and a wide range of short courses and online courses. The courses respond to current global developments in the field of health. KITs courses are known for their practical applicability, the multidisciplinary approach and the interactive, participatory training methods. At KIT, students play an important role in the learning process; they learn from each others experiences of working in different parts of the world, as well as through a process of critical reflection on their own experiences and knowledge. Courses at KIT are followed by health professionals with a wide range of disciplinary backgrounds from all over the world. To be eligible to participate, applicants need to have a number of years of relevant working experience.
As our offer of courses increases we seek to recruit a ‘Junior advisor for the education team’
for an average of 32 hours/week. The work takes place in Amsterdam but may eventually require travelling for short assignments to different low and middle-income countries (LMICs). Our organizations working language is English.
As a junior advisor at KIT you will work on
- Co-organize and support with the facilitation of the different courses offered by KIT
- Work together with the different course coordination teams aiming to maintain and improve the quality of existing courses by: Evaluating lecturers of trainings; takes care of providing feedback to students and lecturers, report, overlaps between objectives and content of, register presence of participants, analysing and reporting student evaluations, participating in interim verbal evaluation sessions, drafting the module evaluation summaries and giving suggestions for improvement
- Contributing to the further development of the content of the training
- Contribute in the development of new courses and assist in acquisition efforts aimed at broadening KITs educational offer
Advisory and research work (30%)
- Work with colleagues from KIT Health on the development and implementation of advisory, evaluation and (operational) research projects related to Health in LMICs.
- Support the monitoring and evaluation of projects delivered by KIT Health
- Assist in acquisition to further develop KITs portfolio in the area of Health
- Contribute to the KIT Health strategy and organization, e.g. through maintaining and expansion of client relations, networking activities and knowledge management activities
KIT seeks an enthusiastic and technically sound professional with:
- Educational background in health sciences. Recent masters in public health/global health/international health are encouraged to apply if they have at least 2 years of professional (public health) experience in low and middle income countries, and have a good understanding of health systems in LMICs
- Good communication skills and respect for diverse backgrounds, cultures and educational levels
- Positive attitude towards education and sensitivity towards inter-professional and intercultural learning
- Positive and result-oriented attitude, ability to work in multi-disciplinary teams, passion and commitment, open personality and eager to learn and share learning.
- Good command over English
- A valid and permanent residence and work permit to live and work in The Netherlands
The ability to experience professional and personal growth within an exciting, dynamic and multi-disciplinary working environment with 30 passionate colleagues. A salary based on qualifications and experience of between E2.578,- and E3.261,- gross per month for a 38 hour working week. In addition there is an 8% holiday allowance and admission to the KIT pension fund (ABP). Initial one-year contract, with the possibility of extension after demonstrated good performance.
If you are interested in this position and would like additional information, please contact Lindy van Vliet, Manager KIT Health (email [email protected]) or Fernando Maldonado Costa, Senior Advisor KIT Health (email [email protected]). General information about KIT and KIT Health can be found on: www.kit.nl and www.kit.nl/health.
Specifying abilities and interest for this position including a curriculum vitae should be submitted before July 15, 2018. Please use our online application form, see the link below.