International Individual Consultancy – For Developing and Editing Papers for Maternal and Child Nutrition – Micronutrient Supplementation Series” Kathmandu, Nepal
Job no: 511056
Work type: Consultancy
Categories: Nutrition, Consultancy
UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
How can you make a difference?
The goal of the consultancy services is to manage knowledge generated through the 2016 Nepal National Micronutrient Status Survey (NNMSS) for further contributing in updating existing micronutrient related policies, strategies and plan by the end of 2018.
The objective of the consultancy services is to further analysis of 2016 NNMSS survey report on key result areas to present at least 10 papers in the National Nutrition Conference 2018 and later publish in the Maternal and Child Nutrition journal, published by Wiley Blackwell. (wileyonlinelibrary.com/journal/mcn).
The following are the specified tasks for the consultant: Reviewing Datasets for Quality Control
- Desk Review of the documents and database: The consultant will review relevant literature, documents and survey database and develop inception report including work plan to accomplish the given task.
- Key stakeholder’s consultation: The consultant will organize consultative meeting with key stakeholders on the key theme areas of paper development base on the initial concept note paper with 11 potential articles as mentioned above in background. The consultation will be key stakeholder’s consultation through remote using skype, web-based conference call and workshop.
- Data Analysis: The consultant will use database information from 2016 Nepal National Micronutrient Status Survey for the data analysis. The consultant will create variables to support the data analysis within the theme area of paper preparation. The consultant will use the statistical tool (descriptive analysis, bivariate analysis and multi variate analysis as appropriate for the paper) during data analysis to generate evidence on the relationship between potential factors and its effect on the current micronutrient status of vulnerable group/ reference group. Finally, the consultant will interpret the result and provide peer review papers and presentation with global standard.
- Submission of Draft papers: The consultant will submit draft version of the papers to UNICEF for comment/feedback.
- Submission of final papers: Upon including all feedback/comment, the consultant will submit final papers. Selected works will be presented in the National Nutrition Conference, planned on September 2018. Later, these papers will be published in the Maternal and Child Nutrition journal as special supplement.
Duration of the contract
This assignment is expected to be 8 months starting from 15th of March 2018 to 15th November 2018.
Deliverables for the assignment:
1st Deliverable by 31st March 2018
Submission of inception report on “Detail Schedule of developing peer review papers and progress made on reviewing NNMSS 2016 data set and preparing 11 peer review papers”. report
2nd Deliverable by 15 July 2018
Submission of 6 peer reviewed papers
3rd Deliverable by 15 November 2018
Submission of 5 peer reviewed papers
- Master’s in Public Health Nutrition, Statistics or any other relevant field with minimum 10 years of experience. Doctorate in Public Health Nutrition with strong background on epidemiology and evaluation will be highly recommended.
- At least 10 years of experience in Nutrition related research, study and paper publication.
- Significant number of peer reviewed publications, particularly in the field of public health nutrition.
- Association with Professional Nutrition and Public Health Societies and Editors on the peer reviewed publications will be an asset.
- Documented skills of scientific as well as professional English writing as well as presentation among multi-cultural and international audience
- Previous experience of facilitation in the nutrition conference and documenting the outcomes in the form of proceedings.
For every Child, you demonstrate…
UNICEF’s core values of Commitment, Diversity and Integrity and core competencies in Communication, Working with People and Drive for Results.
all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.
Advertised: Nepal Standard Time
Applications close: Nepal Standard Time