International Domestic Violence and Health Conference: Sustainable Change in the Health Sector
20-21 November, 2018, Melbourne, Australia
The Centre of Research Excellence to promote Safer Families (Safer Families CRE) is the first dedicated Centre to lead research into Intimate Partner Violence. It is a five-year program (2017-2022) funded by the National Health and Medical Research Council (NHMRC).
The Centre is a national and international collaboration comprising researchers, families and communities, policy-makers, practitioners, community organisations, and health, family and women’s services. Sader Families CRE invites you to submit abastracts for upcomming conference.
What the conference offers
- A focus on early intervention in health with women, children and young people.
- How the heath sector can work with other sectors to respond to domestic violence.
- Learnings from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities, First Nations and other Indigenous peoples.
- Latest insights into health effects of domestic violence.
- Interactive panel discussions, workshops and symposiums.
- Demonstrations of innovative technological tools and models of practice.
- Integrated knowledge translation to improve safety, health and well-being of families.
- Social and well-being activities and events available across the two-day program.
Who is the conference for?
- Academics and scholars
- *Indigenous health and community organisations
- Community leaders
- CEOs and managers in health and other relevant sectors
- General practice
- Anyone wanting to make a difference!
Conference invites these groups from across the world to share in the latest insights and technology for early intervention and first line response to domestic violence.
*Indigenous includes Aboriginal and Torres Strait islander people, First Nations people and other Indigenous communities and people from all over the world.
- 2 March, 2018: Call for abstracts opens.
- 27 April, 2018: Registration opens.
- 1 May, 2018: Abstract submissions close*.
- 29 May, 2018: Notification to authors.
- 10 July, 2018: Presenter registration deadline.
- *Abstracts with an Indigenous focus close on 24 May, 2018.