International Consultant to support National Youth Policy Development- UNFPA,Vientiane, Lao PDR
UNFPA Office in Lao PDR is looking for an International Consultant to support Lao Youth Union (LYU) to develop the National Youth Policy.
Duration of the work:
25 up to 30 working days within the period of beginning of May until August 2018
Place of work:
Home-based modality with the option of a mission to the country if deemed necessary (to support the consultation and consolidation process).
Scope of work:
- Develop a youth policy implementation framework (vision statement, youth policy goals, objectives, strategies, indicators, targets, key activities, sector plan outcomes and Implementing Agencies) based on a desk review of relevant documents and aligned with the ongoing National Population and Development Policy (NPDP) revision and Reproductive Health (RH) revision process in consultation with the national consultant and the LYU.
- Together with the national consultant review the existing draft of the chapters developed by the technical writing team of the LYU and liaise with the international consultant to suggest a revised draft of these chapters to the LYU based on the approved outline of the policy and in line with the implementation framework and the conclusion/recommendation chapters of the Adolescent Youth Situation Analysis (AYSA) and other relevant documents as necessary.
- Write the narrative of all youth policy chapters focusing first on the missing ones based on the approved outline of the policy and the conclusion/recommendation chapters of the Adolescent Youth Situation Analysis (AYSA) and other relevant documents, in line with the developed implementation framework. Full ToR can download here
Qualifications and Experience:
- An advanced degree, preferably PhD, in anthropology, population, demography, public policy, Public Health and/or other related social sciences
- Minimum of 10 years of relevant working experience developing national youth policies and/or national youth programs preferably but not exclusively in developing countries
- A comprehensive and in-depth experience and expertise in development, implementation and assessment of Adolescent and Youth Programs and Policies
- Demonstrated professional leadership and ability to coordinate a multi-stakeholder team of professionals in development sectors.
- Substantive experience of working with public sector, especially in policy planning and advocacy.
- Familiarity with Asia’s population issues in general and the situation of Lao youth context in particular will be an asset.
- Excellent facilitation skills, familiarity with dealing with government systems on policy and operational issues;
- Strong written and oral communication skills, demonstrated ability of making effective presentations to diverse audiences.
- Demonstrated capacity for strategic thinking and policy advice are essential.
- Familiarity with information technology, including proficiency in word processing, spreadsheets, and presentation software.
All interested applicants should submit the following:
A cover letter, CV in English with Personal History Form (P11 Form) (providing details of the required experience enumerated above), listing three references and consultancy rates quoted in US Dollars.
Applications should be sent to UNFPA Office, UN House, Ban Hatsady, Lane Xang Avenue, P.O. Box 345, Vientiane (Tel: 856 21 267777, 267633) or email to: firstname.lastname@example.org indicating “Application for an International Individual Consultancy to support Lao Youth Union”.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION: 30 April 2018
We will only consider applications with complete P11 attached. UNFPA will only be able to respond to those applicants in whom UNFPA has a further interest. UNFPA reserves the right to appoint prior to the closing date.
UNFPA does not solicit or screen for information in respect of HIV or AIDS and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV/AIDS status. Notice: There is no application, processing or other fee at any stage of the application process.