International Consultancy Services for Situation Analysis and Review of Intervention in Anaemia Prevention and Control Program in Nepal.
Job no: 513996
Work type: Consultancy
Categories: Nutrition, Consultancy
UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
For every child,
The purpose of the consultancy is to provide support in situation analysis, assessment of iron deficiency anemia prevention and control related intervention during MDG Era and then developing policy brief and peer review paper to present in the Nepal Nutrition Conference held on 27-28 November, 2018.
How can you make a difference?
- Situation analysis of iron deficiency anaemia prevention and control program in Nepal.
- Assessment of the effectiveness of Iron deficiency anaemia prevention and control related interventions around key action areas (a) policy formulation (b) coverage of intervention (c) universal access to quality services, (d) monitoring and evaluation, (e) financing, (f) demand creation (g) social mobilization and (h) sustainability to achieve the goal of iron deficiency prevention and control program of Nepal.
- Preparation, presentation and publication of peer review paper, manuscript, policy brief and PowerPoint presentation on “Intervention coverage, trend and determinants of anemia among women and children in Nepal” during Nepal Nutrition Conference on 27-28 November 2018 and Maternal and Child Nutrition (MCN) journal.
Duration of Contract
The duration of this contract is approximately 6 months and is expected to begin from 09 July 2018
Development of inception report, assessment tool and work plan for country situation analysis on iron deficiency anaemia prevention and control program and measure of progress on achieving iron deficiency anaemia prevention and control goal through the interventions during the MDG Era.
Submission of paper, manuscript, policy brief and PowerPoint presentation on theme “Intervention coverage, trend and determinants of anemia among women and children in Nepal” as a measure of progress on achieving IDA goal through the interventions during the MDG Era.
One paper and manuscript presentation during Nepal Nutrition Conference, 2018 including publication of the paper in the Maternal and Child Nutrition (MCN) journal.
Advanced university degree (PhD or Master Degree) in Nutrition, Public Health; Epidemiology, Food Science, Demography and Statistics or any other relevant field.Work Experience: At least 10 years of experience in micronutrient program (Prevention of Vitamin ‘A’ deficiency, iodine deficiency, anemia, zinc deficiency) in development sector and university. Previous experience of significant number of peer reviewed publications, particularly in the field of public health nutrition.
- Program Analysis, Advance statistical and Epidemiology Data Analysis skill
- Scientific and research paper writing skill
- Policy brief writing skill
- Advocacy and presentation skill in multi culture and international audiences.
- Facilitation skills in the nutrition conference.
- Documentation skill of the outcomes in the form of proceedings.
- Good analytical, negotiating, communication and advocacy
- Good data analysis and data management skill
- Fluency in English
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.
Mobility is a condition of international professional employment with UNICEF and an underlying premise of the international civil service.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.
Advertised: Nepal Standard Time
Applications close: Nepal Standard Time