Individual National Consultancy-Monitoring, Evaluation, Documentation and Portal Support
Job no: 513557
Work type: Consultancy
Categories: Nutrition, Consultancy
For every child,
The objective of this consultancy is to provide support to the ongoing MSNP Monitoring Evaluation and Documentation. This will involve to generate data, sector-specific management information systems will be supplemented by periodic update of district data and documentation of overall MSNP and also providing support to the NNFSS team in data based planning and monitoring.
How can you make a difference?
Strengthen multi-sector multi-stakeholder coordination
- Liaise with the key Ministries and departments to obtain relevant data
- Coordinate with the M/E Division of NPCS, CBS and relevant M&E unit of the ministries/divisions for the necessary information and update of the M/E MIS system.
- Liaise with the Key sectors and stakeholders for food and nutrition security plan and ensure that their M&E frameworks and plans are aligned with the MSNP
- Support establishing the linkages with the Nepal Food Security Monitoring System (NeKSAP), the Integrated Phase Classification (IPC), and other related activities
- Contribute to national nutrition surveillance mechanism based on the outcome of the MNIS review and the recommendations on the way ahead
Baseline and periodic reporting
- Coordinate with sectors and stakeholders for the baseline and relevant data
- Support and facilitate to process baseline survey of MSNP districts
- Support and ensure generation of necessary evidences for review of the annual as well as periodic plans related to nutrition and food security.
- Create and manage a database to track progress on the implementation of the multi-sector nutrition and food security planning framework
Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Framework
- Ensure effective implementation of the MSNPM&E Framework
- Identify the processes, people, etc. at district level to implement the M&E Framework
- Support to finalise the M&E guidelines and training materials
- Plan and implement the MSNPM&E training
- Plan and implement supervision missions
- Facilitate regular MEMIS-WG meetings
- Maintain network of MEMIS officials/officers
- Facilitate to finalize M&E guidelines and training materials and incorporate it in the capacity development and planning training manual.
- Facilitate and coordinate for the field visit, joint monitoring and preparation of report
- Support Ministries and external development partners to identify data gaps in nutrition.
Facilitation of the Planning activities
- Support NPCS, NNFSS and relevant ministries and ensure that the plans from the districts as well as central ministries are sufficiently integrated in nutrition and food security interventions in line with MNSP and Food and Nutrition Security Plan (FNSP).
- Support Incorporation of proposed plans into annual work plan and budget of the relevant ministries (work closely with the programme officers- Advocacy & Communication and Nutrition)
- Support and monitor the implementation status of the nutrition and food security interventions through relevant ministries and development partners
- Support the creation of a database to track progress on the implementation of the multi-sectoral nutrition and food security planning framework
Strengthen Nepal Nutrition and Food Security Portal (NNFSP)
- Coordinate with the sector Ministries and departments along with the key stakeholders to obtain relevant information for the portal
- Coordinate with the IT section of NPCS and IT support team for regular update.
- Collect, edit and upload all the relevant information to the portal with the approval of the concerned authority
- Prepare response matter to the readers based on the received suggestions / feedback
- Guide the portal developer team in regular coordination with NPCS IT
Documentation, Reporting, Dissemination and Portal support
- Produce regular progress report of the NNFSS as per the implementation status of MSNP along with success stories, case studies and lesion learnt.
- Prepare necessary supporting documents as required and follow up.
- Ensure that the Nepal Nutrition and Food Security Portal has been updated regularly
- Obtaining, extracting and compiling information related to nutrition initiatives from secondary information, publications, libraries and others sources to prepare advocacy documents and presentations.
- Support monitoring and reporting of the implementation of the nutrition and food security related programmes through different ministries and development partners
- Support strengthening of the Multi-sector Nutrition and Food Security Information System
- Support the generation of necessary evidences for review of the annual as well as periodic plans related to nutrition and food security
- Provide data on nutrition and food security for the preparation of various communications materials, including the annual results report
- Facilitate regular updating of the Nepal Nutrition and Food Security Portal
Duration of Contract
The duration of this contract is approximately 6 months and is expected to begin from July to December 2018.
- Submission of the detail Monitoring and Documentation Work plan
- Submission of status report M&E and report portal update
Submission of progress report of: –
- NNFSS on regular basis including 6 case studies and success stories
- update in NNFSS portal accordingly
- Develop the database to track progress on the implementation of the multi-sector nutrition and food security planning framework
- Submission of MSNP district MIS report
Develop and Submit final
- MSNP M&E guidelines
- Capacity development plan
- Develop training manuals
- Report on national nutrition surveillance mechanism and MIS review,
- Portal update report
- Recommendations on the way ahead.
Submit final report with details attachments of your work progress
Minimum Qualifications Required
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Social Science, Public Health, Management, Social Studies or Any relevant field of studies
- Work Experience: At least two years of previous working experience in relevant field. Previous experience of working at NPC/Govt ministries will be added value
- Skills: Fluent in both English and Nepali language including translation and computer skills, typing in both English and Nepali language.
- Competencies: Understanding of Nutrition terminologies and nutrition sensitive sectors (Agriculture, WASH, Women and Children, education, social protection etc)
Advertised: Nepal Standard Time
Applications close: Nepal Standard Time