Hospital Manager, Medical – Achham – Possible : Hospital Manager, Medical – Achham, State 7
Possible is seeking Hospital Manager to lead the municipal team in line with the mission, goals, and priorities of the organization, with focus on the integrated municipal health care model. The hospital manager will manage the health care unit (PHC), both internal function and external liaison to ensure streamline operation of the facility, in tandem with the provincial team.
THE ORGANIZATION: Possible
Possible is a nonprofit healthcare company that delivers high-quality, low-cost healthcare to the people of hard to reach areas. We are pioneering a new approach, called durable healthcare that brings together the best of private, public, and philanthropic models. Possible has so far treated over 400,000 patients in rural Nepal through government hospitals, clinics, community health workers, and a referral network.
Learn more about our culture and work in this feature from First Round Capital entitled “This Culture Deck Powers the World’s Toughest Work.”
THE OPPORTUNITY: Are you the right fit?
We are looking for competent professionals. The ideal candidate will have similar experience before, be a fantastic communicator, excellent team player and willing to work in challenging settings.
You’re driven by impact and solving for the patient and have a deep understanding of clinical care in rural setting. Most importantly, your orientation toward the work should match well with our operating values, captured by our For-Impact Culture Code.
Lastly, you’re a believer, not an employee. And you’re looking for an opportunity to use your skills to transform an early stage organization and impact hundreds of thousands of lives
Reports To: Provincial Director, Achham
- Education- Masters degree in Business Studies, Business Administration, Hospital Management, Public Health Management with 2 years of experience in similar role or Bachelors Degree with five years of experience in similar field.
- Be able to adequately communicate with local municipal structure
- Proficiency in English and computer use for communication, and basic health care statistics analysis
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITIES
The hospital manager will be responsible to facilitate the health care unit’s day to day functioning, liason all external relations between hospital and local stakeholders, timely audit institutional function by comparison and recommend/ implement solutions; and uphold the municipal care model as NHN strategy to health care delivery.
BIG 3 RESPONSIBILITIES
- Facilitate PHC/ health care center operations with high quality and efficiency
- Co-ordinate stakeholder engagement & ensure successful implementation of municipal health care model
- Implement the organizational culture and good practices in the PHC.
1. Facilitate PHC/ health care center operations with high quality and efficiency
- Ensure health care center delivers quality care through facility and community based team
- Co-ordinate between the municipal health care priorities and organizational SOPs, practices to ensure streamlined care delivery.
- Populate and interpret monthly outcome data from the health care center/ PHC
- Oversee the operations and logistics for the continuity of care.
2. Co-ordinate stakeholder engagement & ensure successful implementation of municipal health care model
- Represent the organizational interest in stakeholder engagements.
- Work with stakeholders to ensure proper understanding and functioning of the municipal care model
- Maximize engagement of stakeholders’ contribution to the facility management as a means of increasing accountability of the municipal structure.
3. Implement the organizational culture and good practices in the PHC.
- Champion the organizational culture in the work environment.
- Lead and manage team members by conducting needful 1:1s, and use of organization’s communication platforms.
- Conduct annual performance evaluations of direct reports as per org performance review SOP
Additional Expectations from Role
- Provide inputs to the system to improve function
- Be guided by rationale and maximize workplace efficiency through innovations in workflow.
LOCATION: You will spend 100% of your time in Achham (Chaurmandu Hub).