Health Mobilizers- Sahayog Samittee Nepal (SS Nepal)
Health Mobilizers- Sahayog Samittee Nepal (SS Nepal): Sahayog Samittee Nepal (SS Nepal), a non-political and non-profit making organization devoted towards community development was established by the input of several youths of Bara who are devoted towards social work with a slogan to be Helping Hands for Community. The youths had a common vision of creating a society where there is peace, all people are healthy and educated. With this vision in its constitution, SS Nepal was formally registered in District Administration Office (DAO) of Bara in 2066 BS under the Organization Registration Act 2034 BS.
The organization is looking for dynamic candidate meeting the below eligibility for following positions to implement its project Engaging Private Health Care Providers to intensify TB case detection in Province 2 of Nepal funded by Stop TB Partnership, TB REACH.
Under the supervision of program coordinator, maintain and handle the project's daily activities
like sputum transportation from private health care providers to NTP laboratory, support day to
day activities in the laboratory, ensure reports are provided to diagnosed TB patient and patient
are enrolled under DOTS for treatment.
Duty Station: Dhanusha – 2 Parsa – 2
- Lab assistant with at least 2 years of relevant experience or ANM/CMA with 2 years of community
health working experience or Intermediate in any discipline with at least one year experience in TB
- Good coordination skill and able to work with patient even under pressure
- Computer experience with MS Word, MS excel and PowerPoint,
- Fluent spoken and written skill in Nepali and local language
- General reporting and documentation skill
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
- Responsible for conducting day to day activities of the project regarding sputum transportation, examination and report provision to the diagnosed patient
- Responsible for mapping the private health care providers in the municipalities and district
- Support in prioritizing the private health care providers for establishing cough screening desk (CSD)
- Maintain strong coordination with private health care providers and establish cough screening desk in each prioritized private health care providers in support of program coordinator
- Provide onsite support at the CSD to screen presumptive TB cases
- Ensure proper recording and reporting at the CSD in support of program coordinator
- Collect and transport all the sputum sample collected at the CSD to nearest NTP laboratory
- Support in processing the samples in NTP laboratory and examining on timely basis
- Collect the sputum examination report and provide to the clients through CSD volunteers
- Follow up the presumptive TB cases for second sputum sample collection and manage for testing
- Ensure all the diagnosed TB cases are enrolled for treatment under DOTS
- Prepare monthly report and submit to the program coordinator on timely basis
- Ensure all the required logistics are available at the CSD sites required for sputum collection and transportation
- To take over other tasks/responsibilities given by program coordinator.
Candidates meeting above criteria are requested to send a cover letter and updated Curriculum vitae to [email protected] no later than 11 July 2018. Female candidates are encouraged to apply.Only short listed candidates will be invited for written test and interview.