Health Assistant, Dolakha -Possible: Health Assistant, Medical – Dolakha, State 3
Possible is seeking Health Assistants who will be chiefly responsible for providing outpatients and emergency clinical care to the patients of Possible’s Charikot Hospital, Dolakha, Nepal with high standards of patients care.
The organization: Possible
Possible is a nonprofit healthcare company that delivers high-quality, low-cost healthcare to the people of hard to reach areas. We are pioneering a new approach, called durable healthcare, that brings together the best of private, public, and philanthropic models. Possible has so far treated over 6,00,000 patients in rural Nepal through government hospitals, clinics, community health workers, and a referral network.
Learn more about our culture and work in this feature from First Round Capital entitled “This Culture Deck Powers the World’s Toughest Work.”
The opportunity: Are you the right fit?
We are looking for competent professionals. The ideal candidate will have demonstrated clinical experience, be a fantastic communicator, excellent team player and willing to work in challenging settings.
You’re driven by impact and solving for the patient and have a deep understanding of clinical care in rural setting. Most importantly, your orientation toward the work should match well with our operating values, captured by our For-Impact Culture Code.
Lastly, you’re a believer, not an employee. And you’re looking for an opportunity to use your skills to transform an early stage organization and impact hundreds of thousands of lives.
- H.A or equivalent from recognized institute.
- Clinical experience: We prefer that you have got at least one year experience of providing clinical services.
- Communications savvy: We need you to be great at communicating both in Nepali and English. Communication skills are required for in person and digital communications and workflow.
- Team Player: We need you to be an excellent team player, willing to grow and help others grow in team.
- Willing to work in a challenging situation: We need you to have a drive towards solving for the patients, caring for the patients in the remote low resource region.
- Basic computer knowledge and skill
- Registered in NHPC
Reports To: HA In-Charge or HA Deputy In-Charge
Direct Reports: None
Big 3 Responsibilities:
- Provide dignified, compassionate, evidence-based care to all Nyaya Health Nepal patients in own work
- Be responsible as HA: follow duty rosters, get training as require, and involve in performance evaluations
- Participate in organizational activities, quality assurance efforts, medical staff meetings, and other activities as requested representing CH and its interests in community
Areas of Responsibility (AoRs):
Provide dignified, compassionate, evidence-based care to all Nyaya Health Nepal patients in your own work
- Clinical responsibilities include OPD care, ER duties and to be focal person for required program like TB, HIV, Leprosy, Vaccine Preventable Disease (VPD)
- Good knowledge of patients and their diseases is expected, with good clinical judgment, following of protocols, appropriate use of tests, and good prescribing and counselling
- Rigorously document all medical services provided
Be responsible as HA: follow duty rosters, get trainings as require, and involve in performance evaluations
- Strictly follow duty roster prepare by the in charge
- Learn for the best interest of patients of Nyaya Health Nepal during any training
- Follow and involve in the performance evaluation
Participate in organizational activities, quality assurance efforts, medical staff meetings, and other activities as requested
- Use asana, email and other tools to keep up with communications and documentation
- To participate in writing needed SOPs for departments HA’s work
- To represent CH in the community and with the DOH in its best interests
This job description may be amended at any time by the employee and the direct supervisor.
Application Deadline: 5:00 pm September 9, 2018.