Gender Equality Future Advocates Training 2018
[For International Visitors only]
The Royal Commonwealth Society is seeking applicants from the Commonwealth Asia-Pacific Region to participate in a five-day residential training course in Colombo, Sri Lanka from 16th – 20th July 2018 (tbc).
The highly participatory and interactive peer learning week will seek to develop critical understanding and action about gender, development and social justice. It will strengthen the role of young people in Commonwealth action and decision-making on gender equality issues by giving participants an understanding of the different political structures that have the ability to support gender equality, and how to harness them effectively. It will also strengthen youth gender networks. Using experiential learning activities, discussion and debate, it will enable young advocates to address a range of gender equality issues and provide an opportunity for peer learning and collaboration, and development of advocacy, social action and leadership skills.
CYGEN and The RCS are committed to ending gender-based discrimination for all. Participants must be committed to working for equality for all members of society, regardless of sex, gender, sexual orientation or gender identity.
Travel and accommodation costs will be covered for successful applicants. The Royal Commonwealth Society is grateful for the support of DFAT Australia. Completed application forms should be submitted to email@example.com by 5pm on Tuesday 29th May 2018. Applicants will be contacted by Friday 8th June.
1. Must be 18 – 25 years old and
2. Able to demonstrate some prior experience of working on gender equality issues, either in youth, community or workplace settings, through social action projects or studies.
3. Must be resident in one of the following Commonwealth countries: Bangladesh, Brunei Darussalam, India, Malaysia, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Singapore, Australia, Fiji, Papua New Guinea, New Zealand, Kiribati, Nauru, Samoa, Solomon Islands, Tonga, Tuvalu and Vanuatu.
- Travel and accommodation costs will be covered for successful applicants
1. Get the application forms: https://bit.ly/2LnWkoQ
2. Completed application forms should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org
by 5pm on Tuesday 29th May 2018.
3. Applicants will be contacted by Friday 8th June.