Field Officer– National Association of PLWHA in Nepal
The National Association of People living with HIV and AIDS (NAP+N) was established after the first national consultation of PLHIVs in 2003. This historic event, succeeded in bringing 30 PLHIV participants from across the country to agree to one common goal: ‘To unite all those living with the virus in Nepal and fight back.’
NAP+N has focused on building the capacity of local PLHIV groups to respond appropriately to the needs of PLHIVs and its related Key Populations in area of advocacy, prevention, care and support, counseling, raising community awareness, providing information and education and improving access to the healthcare and legal services. NAP+N is the largest network of grassroots organizations working on the frontlines of this concentrated epidemic to achieve the national goal.
NAP+N is committed towards the promotion of autonomy and empowerment of PLHIVs which will help them make informed decision. NAP+N ensure that PLHIVs are in the forefront of policy making debates and their meaningful involvement at all levels is essential. The network is working towards multi-sectored collaboration and aims to develop strong working partnership with Non-Governmental Organizations (NGOs), the government and the private sectors.
NAP+N (a national network of PLHIV) has its functional and meaningful presence all over the country throughout the five regions and around 65 districts. It has extensive membership-any PLHIV led CBOs paying very nominal membership fee, can gain its membership. Among them, 73 percentage of CBOs are led by migrated PLHIV community. And more than eighty percent of it’s clients are migrant and their wives. Similarly, as a result, current executive board of NAP+N has led by key populations (except MSM/TG). The majority of board members are from migrant and their spouses which also incorporate women and socially excluded groups.
It can mobilize all its affiliated community based organizations to mitigate the national goal. The prevention model should incorporate the meaningful involvement of People Living with HIV and greater involvement of People Living with HIV concept along with evidence based HIV prevention program “Nothing about us without us” (Declaration of Ending AIDS by 2030, HLM UNGASS-2016). The NAP+N as an institution has vast array of HIV related work experience for more than a decade. It has demonstrated its ability to manage huge grants and is well equipped both technically and programmatically. In 2010, HIV/AIDS Project Management Unit (PMU) of UNDP Nepal, in written, has recognized NAP+N for best management of Challenge Fund.
Level: 5 (Five)
Reports to: Program Manager
No of position: 1 (One)
Duty Station: Pokhara with frequent travel to NAP+N partner CBOs under GFATM
Position type: Contract
Salary & Benefits: As per HR Policy of NAP+N
Contract Duration: Initially up to 31st December 2018 and with the possibility of extension depending on funding availability
- Establishing a good relationship and required coordination with different local level stakeholders (DCC, DHO, NGOs, INGOs, CSOs etc.) as well as other authorities working in the field of HIV and AIDS
- Organize meeting/ interaction with stakeholders in province level on current raising issues on HIV and AIDS
- Prepare detail field visit plans, activity and/or field visit reports and case study report
- Field supervision for monitoring and assessment of program performance and provide technical support to partner organizations for their quality performance on regular basis
- Contribute to prepare the monthly progress reports, regular reports (project status & activity report, and other reports) in coordination with relevant staff members
- Follow up with partner NGOs regarding findings provided by Program related, Data related as well as admin finance related issues and actions and suggest them for solutions,
- Assist to prepare and conduct central level planning/sharing workshops as per need,
- Assist to prepare periodic progress report; monthly, semi-annual, completion and event notes in coordination with Admin/Finance Manager, Senior Program Coordinator and M&E Officer,
- Ensure proper coordination of the program implementation among DCC, D/PHO, PR, implementing partners (CBOs), NGOs, INGOs and with government line agencies.
- Perform other task as per the direction made by Program Manager.
- Work in close collaboration with the team of NAP+N, Donor agencies & PLHIV led organizations.
- Represent NAP+N in different forums to carry out the objectives and goals.
- Promote NAP+N wherever possible.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Public Health or equivalent having 2 years of working experiences in HIV related projects
- Good Data management, analytical skills, documentation skills and able to deliver with minimal supervision
- Good coordination and communication skills; strong team player and calm even under pressure
- Fluent in English and Nepali (speaking and writing)
- Ability to work with target groups of People Living with HIV
- Proficiency on computer usage on office Packages, email and internet
- Having driving license of Motor bike will be asset
All interested candidates are requested to submit curriculum vitae and motivation letter with subject head as “Application for the position of Field Officer” to [email protected] or sealed envelope to National Association of PLWHA in Nepal (NAP+N), Tokha Municipality-10, Karki Niwas, Samakhusi, Ring Road , Kathmandu, Nepal no later than 5 PM of 6th. April 2018. People living with HIV or affected candidate meeting above requirements are highly encouraged to apply.