Field Officer: MenstruAction project, Visible Impact
Job Title: Field Officer
Reporting to: Program Coordinator
Contract period: 11 months
Location: Bidur, Nuwakot
Start period: January 15, 2019
Overall purpose of the role:
The Field Officer is part of the Program Team and s/he is responsible for implementing Visible Impact’s field project activities for project MenstruAction that is being implemented in partnership with GIZ Nepal, at Bidur, Nuwakot. The Field Officer works under the supervision of the Program Coordinator and will support activities related to start-up and implementation of the project in Bidur, Nuwakot and shall be responsible for tasks related to selection of schools, implementation, reporting and liaison with the community. S/he will regularly report progress through period activity reports, share the number of beneficiaries reached and actively engage in community coordination.
- Planning and implementation of activities for project Menstruaction in Bidur, Nuwakot.
- Lead the inception of the activities including kick off meetings, school selection processes and rapport building with the community, etc.
- Organize leadership training for the students and regular meeting with students
- Organize community and gatekeepers meetings with the targeted school
- Community trainings and awareness creation
- Collect and document feedback from the field on implementation of the methodology, including challenges and lessons learnt
- Develop weekly, monthly and quarterly project implementation work plans and ensure effective implementation and monitoring of all activities.
- Represent Visible Impact in schools and community level
- Develop, maintain and improve mutual and beneficial relationships with key stakeholders
- Collect and provide all required, relevant and important data regarding project.
- Ensure Visible Impact’s visibility, profiling and representation at all relevant forums in district level
- Any other tasks assigned by the supervisor.
This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties and responsibilities associated with the position.
Experience and Technical competencies:
- At least Bachelor degree in Public health, development studies, social work, nursing or similar sector; at least one year of experience in menstrual health program implementation; experience working in NGO preferred.
- Experience of working in Nuwakot or other similar community is preferred.
- Fluency in Nepali & English.
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills, including excel, powerpoint etc.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, and demonstrated ability to engage with communities, authorities and other stakeholders.
- Ability to work sensitively with young people, taking into account gender and diversity.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate and work as part of a team to achieve joint objectives.
Detail oriented, with ability to organise and manage information, plan and manage workload, prioritise, and deliver to deadlines.
Willingness to work in the field and travel when needed.
Interested candidates are requested to apply for the position with a cover letter and updated CV by 5 pm on January 6, 2019 to [email protected], with a subject line “Application for the position of Field Officer” in the subject line. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for further process.