HERD is looking for 20 FEMALE FIELD RESEARCHERS for data collection yo determine Maternal Mortality Ration (MMR), Neonatal Mortality Rate (NMR) and Infant Mortality Rate (IMR) in NUWAKOT, RAMECHHAP & SOLUKHUMBU districts.
Terms of References
- Should follow the norms and rules of HERD during the contract period strictly.
- Participate in the training of data collection preparedness for Field Researcher organized by HERD.
- Collect adequate relevant data from mentioned ‘study population’ based on research proposal. This may also require participation while pre-testing the tools if needed.
- Should strongly follow research ethics from ‘National ethical guidelines for health research in Nepal’ developed by Nepal Health Research Council (NHRC) while collecting data.
- Coordinate with respective D(P)HOs, municipalities and health facilities to undertake this study.
- Inform and coordinate with the health facilities, local teachers, community leaders, and FCHVs for interactions and data collection covering the entire human settlement in the districts.
- Ensure that all houses with reported cases of deaths are visited in person with geolocations of key informant meetings, deceased home and interview locations disaggregated by municipality wise and other supporting documents like photographs.
- Provide both Nepali and English date for any dates in data set.
- Should protect and keep filled tools and logistics provided by HERD properly and should not damage or loss at any cost.
- Submit all the collected data to the supervisor on time through proper coordination and timely communicate with supervisor and update important information regarding collected data.
- Strictly follow the guidelines, given directions and described operational definitions of the technical terms referred in the data collection tools, prepared by research focal person of HERD.
- Immediately communicate with research focal person (technical team) of HERD in times of confusion or any difficulties during the process of data collection.
- Coordinate relevant personnel and institution as required by the study for data collection purposes.
- Proper coordination with interviewee and manage appropriate time for interview.
Requirements and Qualifications:
Bachelor degree or equivalent preferably in health sector (preferred Health Assistant/ Staff Nurse with Bachelor in Public Health/ B.Sc. Nursing) and/or basic knowledge on health and government health system; knowledge and experience on research data collection and able to work independently in coordination with relevant parties.
Priority will be given to local candidates from above mentioned three districts.
Deadline: 7 August 2018.
Application process: Online Submission: HERD JOBS PORTAL