Evaluation Specialist -CAMRIS International
CAMRIS International is an international development and research firm that realizes innovative solutions to health and development challenges through high-quality, cost-effective program and research management services. With experience working in more than 80 countries, we combine our proven systems with today’s most effective, evidence-based best practices to improve the lives of people around the world. We apply a customized, customer-centric, cost-effective business approach to offer greater value to our clients and challenge the way things have always been done in our field.
CAMRIS International implements USAID/Nepal’s Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Activity a five-year project. The Nepal MEL Activity supports the achievement of USAID/Nepal’s Country Development Cooperation Strategy (CDCS) development objectives by assisting the Mission in planning, designing, conducting, disseminating and learning from more rigorous monitoring and evaluation of development activities. This includes designing and implementing both quantitative and qualitative evaluations and assessments, as well as providing expert analysis and technical assistance to USAID/Nepal’s programs.
The Nepal MEL Activity has three major components:
- Component 1: Support greater rigor and coherence in USAID/Nepal’s M&E efforts
- Component 2: Design and conduct analyses, evaluations, surveys, studies, and assessments
- Component 3: Support improved knowledge management within the Mission
CAMRIS seeks an experienced Evaluation Specialist (Senior-Level) to join the team. This is a full time position based in Kathmandu, with approximately 10 to 15 percent domestic travel, (largely focused on providing technical assistance on research activities). The successful candidate will have deep technical evaluation expertise and experience managing fieldwork related to evaluations, assessments, and data collections. The Evaluation Specialist will join a fast-paced project that typically is expected to produce high-quality work related to evaluations and assessments under tight timelines. The Evaluation specialist will collaborate closely with all MEL Activity technical staff and will directly support the Nepal MEL Activity Chief of Party (CoP) and Deputy Chief of Party (DCoP). This position will lead component two of the activity and report to the Chief of Party.
Type Regular Full-Time
No. of Opening: 1
- Lead component two includes design and conduct analyses, evaluations, surveys, studies, and assessments
- Oversee specific evaluations and studies under component two;
- Review and provide oversight of and advice on proposed internal evaluation procedures and practices in adherence to CAMRIS and USAID policies;
- Provide input on processes to improve performance, timing, and quality assurance under component two;
- Guide recruitment processes for hiring of consultants and subcontractors under component two;
- Develop inputs for study designs and SOWs for studies and for hiring individuals;
- Carefully manage team leaders and subcontractors to assure performance to task requirements and timelines and development of quality deliverables;
- Provide technical and editorial feedback on internal and external deliverables for studies;
- Provide technical inputs in designing surveys, assessments, and evaluations (performance and impact);
- Oversee conduct of evaluations, studies, assessments, and surveys to assess the status and impact of USAID’s activities through STTA;
- Report internally and externally on progress;
- Document lessons from evaluations and incorporated in the MEL Activity’s progress reports;
- Foster knowledge sharing and disseminate evaluation findings and lessons to increase
awareness and knowledge;
- Directly supervise selected monitoring and evaluation staff and technically lead others by task; and
- Liaise with Mission staff, IP, Government of Nepal and NGO stakeholders, and STTA consultants under component two (expat and Nepali).
- An advanced degree (master’s degree required; PhD preferred) in a sector relevant to monitoring and evaluation of USAID/Nepal activities (e.g., economics, public policy, international relations, statistics, political science, health, education, agriculture, etc.);
- At least 10 years of experience working in monitoring and evaluation (especially focusing evaluation) in Nepal;
- Demonstrated handling of multiple assignments at the same time;
- Experience managing team leaders to conduct assessments, data collections, and evaluations (performance and impact);
- Experience conducting assessments, data collections, and evaluations (performance and impact);
- Demonstrated ability to oversee and manage multi-dimensional study teams that may come from a diverse background, experience, gender, and culture;
- Experience guiding recruitment and hiring of large numbers of individual consultants related to M&E work;
- Experience providing technical input in subcontracting firms to conduct data collection;
- Significant experience in qualitative and/or quantitative analysis, data collection, and reporting;
- Recent knowledge of USAID evaluation policies and regulations;
- Excellent oral and written communication in English and Nepali; and
- Strong interpersonal skills.