Functional Title: District Project Coordinator
Work station: District Head Quarter
Name of the organization: WeWomen
The project coordinator is responsible for overall management of project in district. He/she is responsible for the planning, implementation and monitoring of project activities in the district. He/she will also take a lead in the organizational development to boost the organization’s portfolio apart from the project. The incumbent will be responsible to oversee the overall management of the organization including staff performance and administrative work. The incumbent requires providing technical assistance to district base project team for monitoring of project activities, documentation of outcomes and sharing with the concerned Government and Non-government agencies for their wider replication. The incumbent is also responsible for the timely reporting as per the project document. Assist in conducing baseline/ end line survey and other studies to be done. He/she is responsible for inter-sectoral coordination and networking in the district and work in team with a common goal of Strengthening Approaches for Maximizing Maternal, Neonatal, and Reproductive Health (SAMMAN). Being lead of the project team in the district, s/he is responsible for management of team, project office and budget accordingly.
Program, Planning and Implementation (50%)
Key Role and Responsibility
- Take a lead in developing monthly, quarterly and annual plan of project and share with local authorities and district coordination committee on time for approval
- Provide technical support to the district base project team in planning, implementation, monitoring and reporting of the field activities in line with the project goal and objectives
- Keep all the project staff and board members updated on project requirement; implementation guideline, tools and procedure for their understanding and use
- Work with local government and identify the common issues and agendas about MNCH, family planning and Quality of services where project can support and provide technical and programmatic assistances to address the issues as appropriate
- Review project budget, track the expenditure of budget regularly
M&E, Documentation Research (20%)
- Review monitoring checklists of program activities and make sure that the team members have similar understanding about the tools for their use
- Make sure that project data is being collected from field regularly, analyze them against quality benchmarks and share with CARE and other relevant government and non-government organizations
- Have frequent field visit to monitor program activities / interventions against quality bench mark, produce & share monitoring reports in line with findings of baseline report and prepare action plan jointly with project team for further improvement.
- Support to M&E specialist of CARE while conducting baseline / end line survey, research, developing M&E action plan and implementation of the plan
- Ensure data quality of the periodic report; verify those data and information from sources periodically in sample basis and orient the field staff at the site for further improvement
- Organize quarterly review meeting of the project at district, identify the gaps and issues and take the action accordingly for the further improvement
- Organize the monitoring visits of Government Officials and the project sites to bring their attention about the programs
- Document the learnings and major findings of the project interventions; SATH, QI, CHSB and share with CARE and government on regular basis
- Linkage, coordination and advocacy and program integration (20%)
- Coordinate with district level line agencies and like-minded organizations to avoid the duplication of the project activities and develop the synergy in programs
- Ensure the participation of the project team in different health related committee for coordination among stakeholders.
- Share the project update with District Health Office and Local Authority periodically and invite them for monitoring of the project activities in the field
- Coordinate with Local Municipal Level for leverage of local resources in family health (FP/MNCH).
- Support CHFs to work in close coordination with HFOMCs/CSGs/PEs/MG-H in respective HFs and local levels.
Contribute in mainstreaming RBA/GED/Good Governance through effective implementation of strategic direction and health strategy. (5%)
- Ensure access to basic right to health care services and participation in community forums for Poor, Vulnerable and Socially Exclude (PVSE) groups in the project area – Right Based Approach (RBA), Gender Equity and Diversity (GED) and Good Governance should be reflected in every activity through the project – Mainstreaming of RBA/GED/Good Governance should be ensured
Financial management, Administrative and Human Resource Management
- Make sure that budget request is made on time and disbursement is made with high compliance as per the partnership grant agreement made between CARE and organization
- Monitor project expenditures and take necessary action to ensure the burn rate is within acceptable limits
- Ensure that functional administrative systems are established and maintained in the project and the partners
- Follow strictly the organizational policies and requirements on procurement manual, finance manual, personnel manual, etc.
- Ensure that all staffs have job descriptions and performance appraisal formats and orient them as required.
- Ensure that the personnel policies (contract renewal/extension, disciplinary actions etc.) are effectively followed.
Developing organizational portfolio
- Take a lead role in expanding the organizational portfolio, bidding proposals and exploring new opportunities to expand the reach of organization in the sector of health
- Provide technical input to the executive board for organizational capacity building.
- Coordinate with other local NGOs/organization and relevant stakeholders to plan and implement health plans and actions within the district.
- To assist the executive board in updating the organizational policies and plans if required.
- Ensure that healthy relationship is maintained both within the organization and with the relevant stakeholders regarding program implementation.
- Familiarity with GoN health policy, plan and service delivery system, experience in planning, conducting action and operational research, recording and reporting, publication and dissemination, advocacy of MNH and RH issues, monitoring and evaluation and report writing skills and communication skill
- Experiences in implementing in governance tools to improve the social accountability in health
- Two-Wheeler driving License (Valid Period of time)
Master’s degree in Public Health or Nursing with two year of relevant work experience in similar field. Or, Bachelor’s degree in Public Health or nursing with five year of relevant work experience in similar field.