Center for Research on Environment Health and Population Activities (CREHPA) is a private, not-for-profit research organization based at Kathmandu, Nepal. It is registered under Society’s Act 2034, HMG as a non-governmental organization (NGO). It is also registered with the Social Welfare Council (SWC), Nepal.
CREHPA is looking for vibrant personalities who desire to work as District Coordinators and Municipality/ Gaupalika Coordinators to implement multi-sectorial integrated and convergent approach in two high child marriage prevalence districts of Nepal. CREHPA is conducting the study with the support from local NGO Protection Nepal Bara (PNB).
District Coordinators : 2 (1 Rautahat, 1 Parsa)
Municipality/ Gaupalika Coordinators : 6 (3 Rautahat, 3 Parsa)
Location: Rautahat and Parsa (Local preferred)
The main objective of this project is to implement multi-sectorial, integrated and convergent approach in two high child marriage prevalence districts of Nepal (Rautahat and Parsa).
Specific Objectives of the project:
- Strengthen district level mechanism for inter-sectorial convergence to address child marriage
- Strengthen local governance and community level mechanism on child protection including actions in cases of pre and post child marriage and related Gender Based Violence
- Facilitation of youth (volunteers) led advocacy to support departmental actions in selected villages for demonstration
- Strengthening other CSO/NGOs and media representatives in the district to collaborative with government mechanism to increase the reach of the actions
- Under the overall guidance and supervision of the Project Leader / Manager, the District Coordinators with support from Municipality Coordinators will be responsible for conducting a program to conduct district, municipal and community level orientation, meetings, workshops, trainings among district/municipal/community level stakeholders including capacity building of youth advocates (peer mentors) and support on conducting the overall study.
As a District Coordinators, your major duties and responsibilities will be as follows:
- Attend intensive training for district implementation teamorganized by CREHPA at Parsa.
- Conduct qualitative key informant interview with district level stakeholders
- Conduct District level consultation meeting
- District level convergence/coordination meeting to address child marriage and GBV
- Conduct training of district master trainers/functionaries to integrate the child marriage agenda within their existing program and capacity building schedules
- Training of department specific person on action plan and MIS
- Participatory BCC message development workshop for common set of IEC for all departments
- Conduct orientation and planning meeting with CSOs/NGOs and media
- Work together as a team and under the guidance of Project lead/ Manager
As a Municipality/Gaupalika Coordinator, your major duties and responsibilities will be as follows:
- Attend intensive training for district implementation team organized by CREHPA at Parsa.
- Conduct qualitative key informant interview with municipality/Gaupalika and ward level stakeholders
- Assist district coordinators in overall program implementation
- Orientation of members of the local governance on multi-sectorial approach and their role in facilitating convergence at local levels
- To build capacity of youth advocates (peer mentors)
- Conduct youth advocacy led education and awareness campaign in community
- Work together as a team and under the guidance of district coordinators.
Qualification, Skills & Experience:
For District Coordinators:
- Master’s Degree in Social Science, Medical Anthropology, Public Health, Health Economics, Population Studies, Statistics or Other Development Related Discipline.
- Previous work experience in social sector related to child rights, gender based violenceand has more than two years of experience of supervising and coordinating
- Good writing and oral skills in Nepali, Local language and English.
- Nepali Citizen
- Technological friendly
For Municipality/Gaupalika Coordinator
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Science, Medical Anthropology, Public Health, Health Economics, Population Studies, Statistics or Other Development Related Discipline.
- Previous experience working in child clubs, facilitator and coordinating experience
- Good writing and oral skills in Nepali and Local language and English
- Nepali Citizen
- Technological friendly
Interested and eligible candidates are requested to apply with updated CV and a cover letter to [email protected] and [email protected] with no later than 6 Aug, 2018 with clearly stating the position in the subject of an email.
Please note that only short-listed candidate will be contacted for the further selection process.