District Coordinator – One Heart World- Wide
One Heart World- Wide is an International Non-governmental Organization that has been working in the area of maternal and child health for the past ten years. OHW has been in Nepal since 2010 supporting MOH to strengthen district health system to improve maternal and neonatal health services across entire districts where it worked. We are implementing OHW’s approach of Network of Safety for mothers and newborns in ten districts and is in the process of scaling in the newer districts in the coming years. OHW is seeking experienced and result-oriented Nepali professionals for the following Position.
Position: District Coordinator
Report To: Program Coordinator/Eastern Regional Office
Direct Reportees/Supervision: Training and Field Supervisor and Admin/Finance assistant Officer
Location: Taplejung district headquarter with frequent field visits
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES AND MAIN DUTIES:
Leadership & Management
- Implement, monitor and supervise the project activities to ensure that they are being implemented in accordance with the project plan and technical guidelines.
- Build sound relationships and coordinate with District (Public) Health Office, District Coordination Committee, municipality/rural municipality, and other stakeholders in order to maintain program schedule and achieve program deliverables at the district level.
- Prepare routine request of the equipment, supplies and other need (program and administrative) and forwards to the country office/regional office for procurement.
- Conduct the District Project Advisory Committee (DPAC) meeting as per rule set by Social Welfare Council.
- Identify and preempt any serious human resource issues and forward them to the line manager and HR officer.
- Provide support and participate to conduct the performance review plan annually or as needed.
- Work with the country office and district partner to the set-up of the district office.
- Ensure appropriate usage of office equipment and supplies.
- Oversee financial projection, expenditure tracking and reporting of the district level program financials and regularly maintains financial reporting to the regional office.
- List out the program logistics at district and ensure that was registered in D(P)HO and respective health facilities and recipient inventory book before distribution to the designated facilities and personal.
- Performs other duties, as required.
- Provides technical support to D(P)HO and focal persons with the special focus on capacity building on data management, data analysis, results-oriented programming, monitoring, and evaluation methods and principles, and requirements of relevant donors to ensure compliance.
- Takes lead to track program progress against program indicators and ensure early identification of any areas needing remedial action.
- Frequent field visits to facilitate the implementation process, routine data collection, and follow up.
- Be proactive to support OHW Program and Admin functions
- Assist update, review, and develop technical field visit tools, M&E tools as necessary to cope with the operating environment and establishment of effective communication systems within the district
- Coordinate the implementation of baseline surveys, program evaluation and conduct the monitoring and supervision visits at district level.
- Promote use of data to inform decision making and link evidence-based approaches to achievement of results.
- Support operational research and specialized studies at district level.
- Solicit and manage local data collection and research teams, as needed.
- Contribute to prepare regular progress reports, technical deliverables, presentations, and annual work plans at district level.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual progress report.
- With minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Public Health or Nursing from a recognized University with more than five years of experience in the related field or Master degree in Public health or Nursing with three years of previous experiences.
- Understanding of MoH health care delivery systems and activities at different levels specially the district level and below
- Ability to function as a self-starter with limited supervision.
- Knowledge and experience using MS-Office packages and statistical packages, email and internet.
- Excellent verbal and written communication including excellent written and spoken English.
- Ability to manage people, good inter-personal skills, and experience of working in a team.
- Good analytical skills, and experience with program oversight.
- Knowledge and experience in program management and data management.
- Practical experience in facilitation and negotiation skill with government counterpart/stakeholders at different levels.
How to apply:
If you are interested in applying for this position, Please click the link: HERE and complete all relevant fields on the online application form then submit your application letter with recent resume at [email protected] by 5 Pm, 19 Jan 2018.
Recent Public Health Jobs
[catlist id=112 numberposts=35] Job vacancies (All Health related):
[catlist id=110 numberposts=35] Consultancy :
[catlist id=47 numberposts=15]