Data Officer & Counselor – AIDS Healthcare Foundation
AIDS Healthcare Foundation (AHF) is an international NGO, working in Nepal since 2008 in the field of HIV/AIDS treatment and care. AHF is looking for dynamic and energetic Nepali citizens to fulfill the following positions:
Counselor (1 position based in Baglung)
Counselor is responsible for comprehensive care and counseling to clients in the collaborative ART clinic at Nepal Government’s Hospital. S/he should collaborate with other health care professionals and PLHIV network and groups; provide psychosocial counseling; maintain record of patients care; conduct training to PLHIV and their family; and coordinate, conduct meetings at ART clinic.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATION AND SKILLS
- Intermediate (Proficiency Certificate) in General Medicine (Health Assistant) or Nursing (Staff Nurse) from recognized institution
- 1 years of experience in Health Sector
- Experienced in HIV prevention, treatment and care services
- Provide ongoing psychosocial counseling to clients attending the clinic, ability to record data and prepare reports
- Ability to interact with technical experts and experience of working with Government Systems and Structures and support to facilitate continued medical education and technical working group meetings in the assigned clinic / location
- Collaborate with other health care professionals (medical officer, nurse, social worker, community health care worker, home-based caregiver, and psychologist) to adhere treatment protocol adopted by Nepal Government
- Computer literacy, including Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point and E-mail
- Be able to work to deadlines and cope with a large number of tasks at one time
- Ability to multi-task and work independently
Data Officer (1 position based in Kathmandu)
Data Officer is responsible to collect, compile and analyze data, prepare report and submit to Operations Manager. The responsibilities also include providing technical back-stopping to sites for data management and ensuring quality of data.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATION AND SKILLS
- Bachelor Degree in Public Health or Statistics
- At least 2 years of experience in data management with working experience in HIV/AIDS program
- Preferably be trained and experienced in monitoring and evaluation (M & E) of the program aimed to build the capacity of the staff and partners in recording data, preparing and sending reports and maintaining records properly.
- Workable knowledge of English with proficiency in MS-Word, Excel, Power Point, Access and using E-mail
- Train staff of AHF collaborative ART sites on OI/ART data collection, recording and reporting templates.
- Maintain data of all sites in databases system and ensure the data recording has been documented for all sites.
- Collect, compile, analyze and submit verified periodic data on HIV testing from AHF supported collaborative ART sites and ensure data quality set by Nepal Government and AHF.
- Collect, compile and submit verified periodic data on HIV testing from AHF supported collaborative ART sites and ensure data quality set by Nepal Government and AHF.
- Correct errors in the database and patient file by routine verification.
- Facilitate the codification and the registration of the patients, and the patients’ files
- Back up all information on a daily basis to ensure data safety
- Must have basic knowledge of HIV/AIDS program in Nepal
- Ability to follow directions
- Ability to respect organizational confidentiality
Qualified Nepali citizen are encouraged to apply with a cover letter and updated CV to E-mail: email@example.com mentioning position title in the subject line. Deadline to apply for the positions is May 5, 2018.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. AHF is an equal opportunity employer committed to a staff composition that reflects the social and ethnic diversity of Nepali Society. Applicants from disadvantage caste, under-represented ethnic groups and women are especially encouraged to apply. No telephone inquiries will be entertained and any effort to influence the selection process will result in disqualification. AHF reserves the right to cancel or postpone the whole recruitment process without assigning any reason whatsoever.