Research Officers- CREHPA, Nepal
Position: Research Officer
Location: Lalitpur, Nepal
Number of positions: 2
Employment Type: Full Time
Organization: CREHPA, Nepal
Center for Research on Environment Health and Population Activities (CREHPA) is a private, not-for-profit consultancy and research organization based at Kathmandu, Nepal. It is registered under Society’s Act 2034, HMG as a non-governmental organization (NGO). It is also registered with the Social Welfare Council (SWC), Nepal.
CREHPA is looking for a vibrant personality who desires to work as a Research Officer. The Research Officer will be responsible for managing and successful implementation of research activities as assigned by CREHPA.
Under the overall guidance and supervision of the Director/Assoc. Director, the Research Officer will manage and implement research related activities as assigned by CREHPA. The Research Officer will be in‐charge of conducting various types of reproductive, sexual health & right related research, maintaining the network with outside consultants / researchers and provide technical input and support on the day‐to‐day works related to research and assessment. The Research Officer will also be required to contribute in the research capacity building of the research interns/staff of the organization.
Specifically, the Research Officer will perform the following functions:
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide technical input on research and assessment works.
- Review of literatures on the research project(s) and develop research protocols and conduct pre-tests
- Prepare research training materials, tools and train research assistants/ interns on conducting research and data analysis.
- Help to develop, review and revise the study research protocol and data collection instruments: data management, quality assurance and monitoring plans; and training materials
- Support the team leader/study coordinator in facilitating orientation training or research assistants/enumerators and conduct monitoring visits in the field
- Guide data managers in the development of descriptive/univariate/bivariate/multivariate regression tables for analysis as desired
- Prepare draft reports and contribute in the development of relevant research articles for publication in peer-reviewed journals
- Coordinate and monitor day-to-day implementation or research activities at field sites
- Track data collection efforts and prepare routine progress reports
- Participate in Webinar based MAXQDA orientation training and use the software for coding of the transcript
- Manage translation of the transcripts from the field
- Maintain regular coordination and communication with the members of Core Study Team
- Coordinate field visits, and ability to travel to the research areas.
- Master Degree or equivalent in Social studies, Public Health, Health Economics, Demography, Population Studies, Statistics or other Development Related Discipline.
Skills & Experience:
- At least 2 years’ post qualification experience, preferably in a research setting
- Excellent report writing, analytical, and communication skills, including oral presentation skills, in Nepali and English
- Nepali Citizen
Interested and eligible candidates are requested to apply with updated CV and a cover letter to [email protected] with no later than 31 March, 2018.
Please note that only short-listed candidate will be contacted for the further selection process.