Consultants (District based)- Ipas Nepal: Ipas Nepal is a non-profit international organization that works to increase women’s ability to exercise their Sexual and Reproductive Health, especially the Right to Safe Abortion. We seek to eliminate Unsafe Abortion and the resulting deaths and injuries and to expand women’s access to Comprehensive Abortion Care, including contraception and related reproductive health information and care.
Position title: Consultants (district based) for the Nepal Family Planning Project/ Consultancy Contract (9 positions, one for each district)
Period: 1st November 2018-31 December 2018 (subjected to extension)
Family Planning (FP) is one of the priority programmes of the Ministry of Health and Population (MoHP) with an aim to foster equitable access and utilisation of quality FP services throughout the country. Over the years, Nepal has achieved a remarkable improvement in the reproductive health including FP services. However, despite this improvement, Contraceptive Prevalent Rate (CPR) in the country has been stagnant for decades and the Total Fertility Rate (TFR) are higher among certain groups of population.
Due to geographical, social and physical barriers, many women in rural areas are unable to access information and knowledge on SRH and FP. Additionally, cultural beliefs, norms, myths and misconceptions impede women’s ability to use services. To address these issues, this project will connect and link women with FCHVs, who will act as a bridge with the health facility and service providers.
FCHVs are connected and trusted members of the community and are well-placed to accompany women to services and to assist women in navigating health facilities. Women and girls will get the opportunity to interact with service providers and get services immediately after counselling in their local health facilities. One of the outputs of the DFiD MSI project on “Addressing Unmet Need for Family Planning among Excluded and Vulnerable Women in Nepal” is increased demand for quality family planning and safe abortion services amongst poor and hard-to-reach women, men and adolescents in the country. Therefore in order to achieve this, the project plans to conduct a FCHV orientation in all the 9 project districts to increase the use of family planning services that is being provided by Marie Stopes International (MSi)/Sunaulo Pariwar Nepal (SPN).
The objectives of FCHVs orientation is to orient the FCHVs on the following:
- Importance and benefits of family planning for women and communities
- Importance of healthy timing and spacing in pregnancy
- Advantages of different family planning means (modern contraceptives) and its indication for different target groups
- Discussion on importance of Long Acting Reversible Contraceptives (LARCs), and clarification on LARC such as IUCD (LARC specific myths and misconception clarification)
- The orientation will be conducted in 9 project districts as mentioned below. FCHV orientation will take place in the palikas/health facilities which MSI/SPN have selected for their service delivery: Morang, Saptari, Mahottari, Parsa, Kapilvastu, Nawalparasi, Dailekh, Kavre, Makwanpur
Scope of Work
- Coordinate with municipalities, MSI/SPN district officers and relevant stakeholders to conduct FCHV orientation in the respective district.
- Conduct technical sessions in the orientation using various training materials provided
- Prepare financial and technical reports of the orientation/activities conducted.
- Report to the central office on a regular basis.
- Perform any other duties as required by the project during the contract duration.
Qualification and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Public Health or Nursing with relevant work experience;
- Prior experience of working at the district level
- Prior experience of working in the area of family planning
- Fluency in local language is a must (particularly Maithili, Bhojpuri and/or Abbadhi is highly preferred)
- Preference will be given to the local candidates (from respective districts)
Applications along with detailed CV to be emailed by close of business on 14th October 2018, Sunday to Email: [email protected]
*Canvassing at any stage will lead to automatic dismissal and Ipas Nepal reserves all rights to make the final selection.
OFFICIAL ANNOUNCEMENT (MEROJOB.COM) PLEASE VERIFY OFFICIAL ANNOUNCEMENT BEFORE APPLY.