Individual National Consultancy – “For Development of Operational Plan for Use of Nanglo for promoting dietary diversity and nutrition education”, Kathmandu, Nepal
Job no: 511930
Work type: Consultancy
Categories: Nutrition, Consultancy
UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
For every child,
The objective of the assignment is to develop operational guidelines for use of poshan NANGLO as a tool for promoting dietary diversity with budgeting/costing of scaling up of poshan NANGLO.
- The major task of the consultant is to develop an operational plan on use of NANGLO as a Behavior Change Communication tool for promoting dietary diversity in Nepal. The operational guidelines will also have a section on its budgeting as well as training materials for use of NANGLO.
The operational plan needs to clearly mention
A) the application to lifecycle
- The period of thousand days starting from conception to the age of two years
- Pregnant women
- Lactating mothers
- ECD age
- School age
b. Application in MSNP -II
- Health Sector
- Agriculture and livestock sector (Extension workers, Home garden, livestock, post -harvest storage and food safety
- Women and children (women groups and saving and credit groups)
- Education (ECD, School Mid-day Meals, School Garden, Curriculums)
- Linkage with Dietary guidelines
- Ecological/Provincial recipes and food groups for Nanglo
c. Develop concept note which will be used as an input by Nutrition Section and SPEE Section in developing proposal and designing RCT of use of Poshan Nanglo and its impact
- Prepare a concept note and scooping paper for designing a Randomised Controlled Trial (RCT) in consultation with M/E officer, Nutrition Specialists and Evaluation Specialist, UNICEF section
d. Development of scale up plan:
- Develop scale up plan in two phases starting with 308 Palikas and then rest of the 753 Palikas
- Develop monitoring indicators and milestones
Duration of the contract
- This assignment is for the duration of seven months and expected to start from 15 April 2018 . (The total person days is expected to be maximum of 120 days).
Proposed Schedule for Deliverables:
1st Deliverable by 15 May 2018
- Submit the detail outline of the operational plan as well as the detail workplan for the assignment
2nd Deliverable by end 15 June 2018
- Submission of the Final Operational plan for NANGLO
3rd Deliverable by end 15 July 2018
- Budgeting of NANGLO for different age-groups, ecologies/provinces and one chapter to be incorporated in the training manual
4th Deliverable by end 15 September 2018
- Submit scale up plan
5th Deliverable by end 15 November 2018
- Draft Request for Proposal for RFP
- Master’s in Public Health, Nutrition, or any other relevant field with minimum 5 years of experience.
- Experience on research in Nutrition as well as social behaviour change communication
- Strong documentation skills
- Previous work experience with UNICEF is preferred.
Advertised: Nepal Standard Time
Applications close: Nepal Standard Time