SPP/SP/CONS/NEP – Consultant (Social Protection) Oxford Policy Management
Oxford Policy Management (OPM) is seeking to recruit a full-time Consultant with social protection policy design and operational design experience in our Kathmandu, Nepal office.
Oxford Policy Management is one of the world’s leading international policy development and management consultancies. Since we were initially formed in the 1970s as a research group in the University of Oxford, we’ve been focused on reducing poverty and disadvantage through world class policy research, support and advice.
Successful applicants will join a friendly and ambitious team, who are passionate about contributing to the growth of the Nepal country portfolio, they key areas of responsibility are:
- Delivering Projects (60%)
- Business Development (25%)
- Research (15%)
What you will do:
- Manage smaller and moderately complex consulting projects falling within the Portfolio area.
- Independently undertake technical work on OPM consulting and other projects involving a range of policy implementation and research, in accordance with required delivery deadlines and OPM quality and report writing standards.
- In consultation with the Poverty and Social Protection portfolio and the Nepal office, prepare expressions of interest and proposals for new work opportunities.
- Foster good relations with clients including donor agencies and partner government ministries, taking an active role in developing new areas of work and potential new relationships through existing or new networks and contacts.
- Contribute as required to general business and technical development activities such writing articles and participating in other research and publication programmes as required.
- Act as a role model and/or mentor to other members of OPM’s Nepal’s Office who are interested in the activities of the portfolio.
Key Skills & Experience:
- A relevant post-graduate degree (Masters or PhD) from a leading university, and an excellent academic track-record in one of the following: Social Protection, public health, international development, social sciences or related field is required. Specialized educational or field based work in social protection in Nepal programming is preferred.
- A minimum of 5 years of progressively responsible professional-level experience in the field of social protection in Nepal is required.
- Experience of working in DFID supported programmes is desired.
- Competency in one or more of the following: Social Protection and institutional reform, Public Work Programmes, service delivery and capacity building in government, political economy analysis, social policy sectors.
- Ideally experience of working with Central and/or State government institutions; international organisations, public policy consultancies or large private sector organisations
- Experience working on M&E would also be a benefit.
- Reputation for technical excellence and positive relations with key stakeholders.
- Ability to lead and manage projects and diverse teams
- Strong client management skills
- Strong communication skills with excellent written and spoken English and Nepali
- A collegiate approach to team-work, and a willingness to learn
- Ability to multi-task and juggle multiple competing priorities and assignments
- Willingness to travel
Posted: 11/07/2018 17:03
Level: Mid Level Consulting
Deadline: 12/08/2018 23:59
Job Type: Permanent