Consultant-Newborn and Child Health Services- RTI International
Consultant-Newborn and Child Health Services- RTI International: RTI International is an independent organization dedicated to conducting innovative, multidisciplinary research that improves the human condition. Please visit our website at www.rti.org/globalhealth for more information on our work in global health.
USAID-Health for Life Project is seeking a, ”Consultant-Newborn and Child Health Services” to support D(P)HOs andhealth facilitiesin Health for Life working areas to strengthen the Health Facility (HF) Quality Improvement (QI) system through implementation of external assessments (including coaching) for family planning, safe motherhood and child health services in priority municipalitiesfor USAID’s Health for Life (H4L) Projectworking in coordination with the Government of Nepal’s Ministry of Health(MoH). As a result, the Health for Life Project has a significant national presence to support the testing and roll-out of national-level policies, guidelines and programs. In addition to the national focus, the Project covers 12 districts in the Mid-Western Development Region; 3 in the Western; one each in the Eastern, Central and Far-Western Regions; and in 10 (Dolakha, Dhading, Gorkha, Kavre, Makwanpur, Nuwakot, Ramechhap, Rasuwa, Sindhuli and Sindhupalchowk) most earthquake affected districts to strengthen district and village health systems and help identify and implement best practices. H4L collaborates with a wide range of stakeholders, including academic and research institutions, training centers, media partners and civil society.
The primary goal of Health for Life (H4L) is to strengthen the Government of Nepal’s capacity to plan, manage and deliver high-quality and equitable family planning, maternal, newborn, and child health services. H4L activities directly address key health system constraints in the following areas: local health systems governance, data for decision making and evidence-based policy development, human resources management, quality improvement systems, and knowledge and behavior change.
This Consultant position will be based in Kathmandu, Nepal.
- Agrees to the itinerary for field travel and ensures that they have the QI guidelines and modules prior to departure
- Coordinates with the D(P)HOs, HFs, IMNCI partners and H4L
- Assesses the functioning of the HF QI system based on whether the following criteria were met:
- QIT meeting conducted
- Self-assessment conducted
- Action plan developed based on gaps identified in self-assessment
- Action plan was implemented
- Local resources were used to address gaps (immediate or incorporated into the annual health plan, budget allocation and expenditure)
- Recording and reportingconducted
- Assesses clinical skills of IMNCI service providers using QI modules on Child Health
- Coaches IMNCI service providers on fulfillingidentified gaps in clinical skills
- Supports the HFs in monitoring quality of IMNCI services and reporting via thequality improvement management information system (QIMIS)
- Monitors improvements in clinical competency by service providers using CH QI modules
Qualifications and experience:
- MBBS or MPH with clinical background
- Sound knowledge of and clinical skills in IMNCI services
- Trained in IMNCI with evidence of previous performance related to this assignment
- Previous experience facilitating IMNCI training, mentoring and coaching is highly preferred
- Strong communication and facilitation skills
- Good understanding of technical aspects of IMNCI services provided at HF and hospital level
- Clearexperience and understanding using the QI modules
- Good understanding of the public health system in Nepal
- Good written skills in Nepali and English.
To Apply: Qualified applicants should submit a resume with contact information to Operations Manager, Health for Life (H4L), P. O. Box: 3172, Lalitpur, Nepal or email: [email protected] with “Consultant-Newborn and Child Health Services” in the subject line. Deadline is 10 October 2017; however, applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible. Only short-listed applicants will be contacted. Telephone inquiry will not be entertained.
Recent Public Health Jobs
[catlist id=112 numberposts=35] Job vacancies (All Health related):
[catlist id=110 numberposts=35] Consultancy :
[catlist id=47 numberposts=15]
[catlist id=26 numberposts=20]