Consultant to Facilitate Regional Maternal Nutrition Conference- UNICEF
Job no: 511304
Work type: Consultancy
Categories: Nutrition, Consultancy
UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone. And we never give up.
For every child,
UNICEF Regional Office for South Asia (ROSA) in coordination with the South Asian Association for Regional Cooperation (SAARC), and in collaboration with Nutrition International (NI) will jointly convene a Regional Conference on Stop Stunting â”‚ The Power of Maternal Nutrition in South Asia. This conference is scheduled to take place from 7-9 May 2018 in Kathmandu, Nepal.
How can you make a difference?
1) Pre- Conference (3 home based working days between 2-26 April, and 5 working days based in Kathmandu between 30 April to 4 May)
- Review conference background documents (concept note, draft landscape analysis, country briefs, draft agenda and draft session plans etc).
- Participate in planning meetings with the UNICEF/NI Conference Planning Team
- Provide technical input to support the finalization of the conference agenda and session plans.
- Support the development of the run-of show, group work guidelines, and conference evaluation form.
- With the support of the UNICEF Project Associate, coordinate with the professional events management agency to ensure thee conference venue arrangements are appropriate (e.g. seating plans, location of equipment).
- Coordinate with guest speakers to ensure presentations are submitted for review by 1st May.
- Generate a list of bio descriptions for inaugural/closing ceremony speakers, guest speakers and session chairs.
- Coordinate with Master of Ceremony on arrangements for the opening and closing ceremony.
2) Conference (Kathmandu based, 7-9 May, 3 working days)
- Provide technical facilitation for the two and half days conference.
- Coordinate with guest speakers, session chairs, master of ceremony and professional events management agency to ensure smooth flow of sessions during the conference.
- Hold daily debriefing/ briefing with Conference Coordination Team on progress toward objectives, summary of key messages and recommendations, and address any changes required (sessions, content, style etc).
- Facilitate an evaluation process to receive feedback from participants that is constructive and iterative.
3) Post conference (1-day, home-based)
- Submit a short report, outlining feedback from participants and recommendations for future conferences.
- An Advanced University Degree in Nutrition, Public Health, Medicine, Child Development, Social Policy, Social Development, Community Development, or other relevant disciplines is required.
- A minimum of 10 years of professional work experience at the national and international levels in the policy and programme management of public health and/and nutrition programmes. This must include substantive professional work experience in the facilitating and coordinating large conferences, workshops or other meetings.
- Demonstrated understanding of maternal health and nutrition global political landscape, structures, partnerships and networks, public health and nutrition programming and related issues. .
- Demonstrated strong communication, presentation and facilitation skills, including ability to convey complex information in a clear manner to a diverse audience.
- Fluency in both written and spoken English is required.
For every Child, you demonstrate…
UNICEF’s core values of Commitment, Diversity and Integrity and core competencies in Communication, Working with People and Drive for Results.
The technical competencies required for this post are….
View competency framework at
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.
NOTE: Please mention your daily rate and other cost estimate while submitting your application. Application without this information will not be entertained.
Advertised: Nepal Standard Time
Applications close: Nepal Standard Time