Community Health Nurse – Possible : Community Health Nurse, Community Healthcare – Dolakha, State 3
Possible is seeking an entrepreneurial Community Health Nurses (CHN) who will be chiefly responsible for managing and supervising Community Health Workers who provide longitudinal care in the areas of reproductive, maternal and child health and chronic disease at the communities.
The organization: Possible
Possible, also known as Nyaya Health Nepal, is a nonprofit organization delivering healthcare to under-served communities in Nepal in partnership with the Ministry of Health. With over 300 full time staff, we deliver care to over 150,000 patients annually in two hospital hubs and through our community health worker network. We have witnessed dramatic results through our integrated hospital-to-home model that has helped reduce maternal and infant morbidity and mortality. We envision a future where everyone, regardless of location or income, is guaranteed universal health coverage as a human right.
The Opportunity: Are you the right fit?
We are looking for an entrepreneurial leader who will be chiefly responsible for ensuring excellent health in the communities we serve in remote Nepal. Strong preference will be given to those who can prove they can operate in fast-growth environments with limited resources. The ideal candidate will have a background in nursing and understands both the technical and managerial aspects of community healthcare program.
Most importantly, your orientation toward the work should match well with our operating values, captured by our For-Impact Culture Code.
Lastly, you’re a believer, not an employee. And you’re looking for an opportunity to use your time and energy to transform an early stage organization and impact hundreds of thousands of lives.
No of Openings: 1
- PCL Nursing with nursing council registration.
- Passionate to work in the rural communities
We are looking for someone who is passionate to work in rural communities. We need a team member who understands the challenge of working in a rural setting and is also dedicated to providing high-quality care to our patients living in rural communities.
- Willingness to learn and mentor community health workers
We are looking for someone who is committed to learn our current programs and willing to adopt new innovations. CHN is also responsible to mentor community health workers to improve their knowledge and skills.
- Team work and good communication skills
These are important skills as CHN should coordinate with multiple teams to ensure smooth functioning of Community Healthcare Programs. We are looking for someone who is very supportive and is engaged in solving problems as a team.
- Community engagement and problem-solving skills
CHN will have to make regular field visits and should actively engage with the communities they serve. There are challenges while working in the community and CHNs will have to navigate those situations tactfully.
- Candidates from the concerned Municipalities are highly encouraged to apply
Reports To: Community Healthcare Program Associate
Direct Reports: Community Health Workers
Team: Community Healthcare
Big 3 Responsibilities:
- Manage and supervise Community Health Workers
- Train and support CHWs to implement home visit and Group care programs
- Review data on monthly basis to monitor CHWs and program performance
Areas of Responsibility (AoRs):
The Community Health Nurse will be chiefly responsible for the following work:
Manage and supervise Community Health Workers:
- Supervise, mentor and serve as the direct contact for the Community Health Workers.
- Conduct biannual performance evaluations for all CHWs under direct supervision.
- Conduct a weekly one-on-one meeting with all direct reports.
- Provide once a week field support to each direct report.
- Be responsible for corrective action and termination of any employees who are not meeting expectations.
- Be the hiring lead for any direct reports.
- Ensure compliance to Possible’s communications platform, including asana, Gmail, and Gcal, for effective communication.
Train and support CHWs to implement home visit and Group care programs
- Train CHWs on digital mobile tools and program forms and workflows.
- Train CHWs on ANC, PNC, U2, chronic disease clinical protocols.
- Train CHWs on group care protocols like Group ANC program.
- Organize weekly Community Health Workers meeting.
- Provide lab and ultrasound services to all Group ANC patients at decentralized health posts in the catchment area.
- Oversee CHWs management of high-risk patients and ensure patients are being triaged to the right facility for care.
Review data on monthly basis to monitor CHWs and program performance
- Review data on monthly basis to assess CHWs performance and provide constructive feedback for improvement.
- Review data on monthly basis to identify programmatic gaps. Submit recommendations to the manager on programmatic action that needs to be taken to improve program performance.
- Participate in monthly data review sessions and discuss findings during weekly CHWs meeting and regular 1:1.
- Support CHWs to improve data collection and reporting, including accuracy, consistency, completeness, and timeliness.
- Regularly update data error tracking sheet and ensure all the identified issues are addressed on time.
The above list of responsibilities is not comprehensive, and the Community Health Nurse may be required to take on additional responsibilities, as determined by the Community Health Program Associate.
Location: You will spend 100% of your time in Dolakha.
Application Deadline: September 11, 2018