Community Health Nurse-Possible
Community Healthcare – Achham, Nepal
The organization: Possible
Possible is a nonprofit healthcare company that delivers high-quality, low-cost healthcare to the people of hard to reach areas. We are pioneering a new approach, called durable healthcare that brings together the best of private, public, and philanthropic models. Possible has so far treated over 400,000 patients in rural Nepal through government hospitals, clinics, community health workers, and a referral network.
Learn more about our culture and work in this feature from First Round Capital entitled “This Culture Deck Powers the World’s Toughest Work.”
The opportunity: Are you the right fit?
We are looking for competent professionals. The ideal candidate will have demonstrated clinical experience, be a fantastic communicator, excellent team player and willing to work in challenging settings.
You’re driven by impact and solving for the patient and have a deep understanding of clinical care in rural setting. Most importantly, your orientation toward the work should match well with our operating values, captured by our For-Impact Culture Code.
Lastly, you’re a believer, not an employee. And you’re looking for an opportunity to use your skills to transform an early stage organization and impact hundreds of thousands of lives.
Numbers of Requirement: 5
- PCL Nursing with nursing council registration
- Passionate to work in the rural communities
We are looking for someone who is passionate to work in rural communities. We need a team member who understands the challenge of working in a rural setting and is also dedicated to provide high quality care to our patients living in rural communities.
3. Willingness to learn and mentor community health workers
We are looking for someone who is committed to learn our current programs and willing to adopt new innovations. CHN is also responsible to mentor community health workers to improve their knowledge and skills.
This is an important skills as CHN should coordinate with multiple teams to ensure smooth functioning of community healthcare programs. We are looking for someone who is very supportive and engages in solving problems as a team.
5.Community engagement and problem solving skills
CHN will have to make regular field visits and should actively engage with the communities they serve. There are challenges while working in the community and CHNs will have to navigate those situations tactfully.
PCL in Nursing,Applicants with relevant experience will be given preference
Reports To: Community Healthcare Program Associate
Direct Reports: Community Health Workers
Team: Community Healthcare
Big 3 Responsibilities:
- Manage and supervise community health workers
- Train and support CHWs to implement home visit and Group care programs
- Review data on monthly basis to monitor CHWs and program performance
Areas of Responsibility (AoRs):
The Community Health Nurse will be chiefly responsible for the following work:
Manage and supervise Community Health Workers:
- Supervise, mentor and serve as the direct contact for the Community Health Workers.
- Conduct biannual performance evaluations for all CHWs under direct supervision.
- Conduct a weekly one-on-one meeting with all direct reports.
- Provide once a week field support to each direct report.
- Be responsible for corrective action and termination of any employees who are not meeting expectations.
- Be the hiring lead for any direct reports.
- Ensure compliance to Possible’s communications platform, including Asana, Gmail, and Gcal, for effective communication.
Train and support CHWs to implement home visit and Group care programs
- Train CHWs on digital mobile tools and program forms and workflows.
- Train CHWs on ANC, PNC, U2, chronic disease clinical protocols.
- Train CHWs on group care protocols like Group ANC program.
- Organize weekly community health workers meeting.
- Provide lab and ultrasound services to all Group ANC patients at decentralized health posts in catchment area.
- Oversee CHWs management of high-risk patients and ensure patients are being triaged to the right facility for care.
Review data on monthly basis to monitor CHWs and program performance
- Review data on monthly basis to assess CHWs performance and provide constructive feedback for improvement.
- Review data on monthly basis to identify programmatic gaps. Submit recommendations to CHPA on programmatic action that needs to be taken to improve program performance.
- Participate in monthly data review sessions and discuss findings during weekly CHWs meeting and regular 1:1.
- Support CHWLs to improve data collection and reporting, including accuracy, consistency, completeness, and timeliness.
- Regularly update data error tracking sheet and ensure all the identified issues are addressed on time.
The above list of responsibilities is not comprehensive, and the Community Health Nurse may be required to take on additional responsibilities, as determined by the Community Health Program Associate.
The last date for Application submission is 31st December 2017.
Location: You will spend 100% of your time in Achham.
Please click “Apply for this Job”, follow the prompts, and supply all required information.
- Show, don’t tell. Include a portfolio of your work which includes your resume, CV, or LinkedIn profile (preferred). We are being purposefully vague in our explanation here. Please send us whatever format (or a combination of formats) best exemplifies your work that can be reviewed in less than 10 minutes.
- Email [email protected] if you have any questions.
What happens after submission?
If your qualification matches our minimum requirement, we will call you for written test and further process accordingly based upon our application process.
Job vacancies (All Health related):
[catlist id=110 numberposts=35] Consultancy :
[catlist id=47 numberposts=15]