Capacity Building Officer-Possible
Community Healthcare – Kathmandu, Province 3
Applications are being accepted on an immediate rolling basis from Nepali candidates.
The Organization: Possible
Possible is a nonprofit healthcare company that delivers high-quality, low-cost healthcare to the world’s poor. We are pioneering a new approach that brings together the best of private, public, and philanthropic models. Since 2008, Possible has treated over 500,000 patients in rural Nepal through government hospitals, clinics, community health workers, and a referral network.
Learn more about our culture and work in this feature from First Round Capital entitled “This Culture Deck Powers the World’s Toughest Work.”
The Opportunity: Are you the right fit?
Possible has established a pioneering, integrated public sector health care delivery system in the districts of Achham and Dolakha. You are a skilled professional with sound experience in designing and developing training materials targeted at developing and enhancing skills of Community Health Workers and Nurses. You will be able to engage with team members, the government, and external organizations to understand training needs, formulate training vision and design and develop Training materials that aligns with organizational and national vision. You are a fast learner, quick to follow directions, and can work in a diverse team setting, community workers, government officials and external partners.
Above all, your orientation toward the work should match well with our operating values, captured by our For-Impact Culture Code.
Lastly, you’re a believer, not an employee. And you’re looking for an opportunity to use your time and energy to transform an early stage organization and impact hundreds of thousands of lives.
Reports To: Community Health Care Director
Direct Reports: None
Dotted Line Reports: NA
Team: Community Health Care
- Commitment to Possible’s Culture & Vision: The Capacity Building Officer needs to lead by example in their own conduct, think big, build simple, and keeps our patients first in everything we do.
- Superior Systems-Building Skills: The Capacity Building Officer is entrusted with building a training system to empower communities and workers to understand and execute community health interventions and so must be incredible in their ability to design systems and materials for team members to execute.
- Superior communication skills in English and Nepali – written and spoken
- A minimum of two years experience in training program designing and developing training manuals, guides, and relevant materials.
Big 3 Responsibilities:
- Build and design training manuals and materials for the Community Health Care team
- Design a robust training plan for the Community Health Care team to capacitate all staff cadres to execute their roles, and
- Collaborate closely with Community Health Care leadership to lay foundation for future expansion, and service delivery
Areas of Responsibility:
1. Build and design training manuals and materials for the Community Health Care team
- Consolidate training packages and develop ToT manual, CHWs handbook, reference manual and other relevant documents for the team
- Develop educational materials and program orientation plan targeted in educating stakeholders about the Community Health programs and its importance
- Engage with Ministry of Health and Population, its relevant line agencies, National Health Training Center (NHTC) and relevant training centers to align Community Health Care team training with national needs and training vision
2. Design a robust training plan for the Community Health Care team to capacitate all staff cadres to execute their roles, and
- Design and develop training plan for new programs
- Actively engage with team members and NHTC to collect and incorporate feedback to build robust training plans and materials
- Develop, design and ensure quality standards and assurance protocol to assess quality of training process and outputs
- Train Training Associates to execute training and assure quality standards
3. Collaborate closely with Community Health Care leadership to lay foundation for future expansion, and service delivery
- Contribute to development of annual workplans
- Ensure training materials and timeline are aligned and can capacitate future expansion
- Work with CHD to identify opportunities to further integrate training protocols and programs into formal government training system
- Coordinate with different teams and organizations to arrange training modules and trainers, if required
- Explore relevant training opportunities for Community Health Care team members and support in ensuring the opportunities
Location: You will spend 40% in Achham, 40% in Dolakha and 20% in Kathmandu.
The above list of responsibilities is not comprehensive, and the Capacity Building Officer may be required to take on additional responsibilities, as determined by the Community Health Care Director.
Please click “Apply for this Job”, follow the prompts, and supply all required information.
Email [email protected] if you have any questions.
What happens after submission?
If we are interested, your submission will be responded to within 10 days. Please note that due to a large volume of applications, your application may not be responded to. If your application is advanced, we will ask immediately to set up an initial 20-minute phone interview to initiate the interview process.
Recent Public Health Jobs
[catlist id=112 numberposts=35] Job vacancies (All Health related):
[catlist id=110 numberposts=35] Consultancy :
[catlist id=47 numberposts=15]