Capacity Building Associate: Community Healthcare – Achham, and Dolkha
Possible is seeking Capacity Building Associate who will work under the leadership of Capacity Building Officer to execute the vision of community healthcare program in preparing a competent and accredited workforce of Community Health Workers (CHW). Working together in the team s/he will ensure that the capacity of CHWs is met with their utmost potential. S/he is a highly motivated individual who is curious to learn, a team player and is looking to build a career in health education or training.
THE ORGANIZATION: Possible
Possible is a nonprofit healthcare company that delivers high-quality, low-cost healthcare to the people of hard to reach areas. We are pioneering a new approach, called durable healthcare that brings together the best of private, public, and philanthropic models. Possible has so far treated over 400,000 patients in rural Nepal through government hospitals, clinics, community health workers, and a referral network.
Learn more about our culture and work in this feature from First Round Capital entitled “This Culture Deck Powers the World’s Toughest Work.”
THE OPPORTUNITY: Are you the right fit?
We are looking for competent professionals. The ideal candidate will have proven experience in the field, be a fantastic communicator, excellent team player and willing to work in challenging settings.
You’re driven by impact and solving for the patient and have a deep understanding of clinical care in rural setting. Most importantly, your orientation toward the work should match well with our operating values, captured by our For-Impact Culture Code.
Lastly, you’re a believer, not an employee. And you’re looking for an opportunity to use your skills to transform an early stage organization and impact hundreds of thousands of lives
Reports To: Capacity Building Officer
Team: Community Health Care
- Commitment to Possible’s Culture & Vision: The Capacity Building Officer exhibits core values of our culture i.e. putting our patients and community members first, integrity, innovation and team work.
- Bachelor degree in public health, nursing, health education or other health related disciplines.
- Minimum one year experience in health related education/training experience for adults and in reproductive, maternal, and child health sector
- Knowledge on general ToT, or Training on CBIMNCI, reproductive health, family planning will be an asset
- Excellent spoken and writing skill in both English and Nepali
- Good presentation skill and computer skills including MS word, power point and excel
- BIG 3 RESPONSIBILITIES
The Big 3 Responsibilities of the Capacity Building Associate are:
- Build training system of community healthcare program with Capacity Building Officer
- Lead pre-service training and program roll out training activities in expanded hubs in Capacity Building Officer’s mentorship
- Monitor and evaluate quality of training program within Monitoring & Evaluation Framework developed in the organization
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Build training system of community healthcare program with Capacity Building Officer
- Work under the leadership of the Capacity Building Officer in designing training materials such as training curriculum, training modules and ToT manuals.
- Keep up-to date with the changes in health evidence and information and, modify training materials as necessary.
- Identify continuous training needs of community health workers and nurses, and develop necessary materials.
- Work as a strong thought partner to Capacity Building Officer to generate and strengthen training content in the organization.
- Work across team to standardize training processes and contents utilized across program sites.
2. Lead Pre-Service Training and Program Roll out Training Activities in Expanded Hubs
- Overall responsible to organize pre-service training and programmatic training (RMNCH, Mental Health, Non-communicable diseases and others as decided) in expanded community healthcare hubs.
- Provide high quality training of trainers to Community Health Program Associates, Community Health Nurses to enable them to train community health workers.
- Work with Capacity Building Officer to build training quality control framework and processes and execute throughout program sites.
3. Monitor and evaluate quality of training program within Monitoring & Evaluation Framework developed in the organization
- Strengthen training information system in collaboration with Capacity Building Officer and institutionalize the system to maintain training log (training received, score, etc.) for community health care workers, nurses and others as required.
- Support as a strong thought partner to Capacity Building Officer and M&E Manager to develop and strengthen training quality Monitoring and Evaluation Framework, metrics and processes.
- Utilize Training Quality framework, metrics and processes for continuous quality monitoring of training programs across sites.
- Ensure CHWs competency through knowledge assessments tests, and through home visits with CHWs and nurses for skill assessments. Analyze training metrics and trends to provide recommendations to Capacity Building Officer and wider team to improve training and program performances.
- Share training metrics and achievement to Capacity Building Officer, M&E lead and others as needed.
The above list of responsibilities is not comprehensive, and the capacity building associate may be required to take on additional responsibilities, as determined by the Capacity Building Officer.
LOCATION: You will spend 70% work time in Achham & 30% in Dolakha
Deadline: October 31, 2018