Assistant Research Officer- TPO NEPAL
Post: Assistant Research Officer
Duty Location: Kathmandu
Starting Date: 15th May, 2018
Duration: 6 months (possible extension for 1 year)
TRANSCULTURAL PSYCHOSOCIAL ORGANIZATION NEPAL (TPO NEPAL) is a leading NGO, established in 2005, working on psychosocial and mental health research, intervention design and implementation, capacity building and service provision.
TPO Nepal has been implementing a research project in Chitwan district which aims to generate world class research evidence on integration of mental health into primary healthcare setting with focus among non-specialist health workers involved in mental health care. This program, entitled PRIME (Programme for Improving Mental Health Care) is funded by UK AID. TPO Nepal announces one opening for the post of “Assistant Research Officer” for the above-mentioned project. The position is based in Kathmandu and may require frequent visit to field site- Chitwan. In coordination with the TPO Nepal’s Research Manager and the local field staffs, the Assistant Research Officer will be responsible for the management of following activities
- Assist TPO Nepal’s Research Manager (based in Kathmandu) and the project team (based in Chitwan) in documentation, best practices and lessons learned from PRIME
- Assist in conducting literature review using systematic approaches, and summarizing key results
- Translate complex research activities and findings into simple yet effective content (both Nepali and English) for different audience from policy level to lay community level
- Assist in publication of academic article for peer reviewed journals
- Perform all other tasks required for implementation of research activities as assigned
Required Qualifications and Skills
- Completion of minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in related field (Psychology, Public Health, Social Work, Sociology, Development Studies, Anthropology, or related fields). Priority will be given to candidate with Master’s Degree.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in Research or/and Monitoring and Evaluation
- Proficiency in spoken and written English; word processing skills in both English and Nepali (Devanagri typing)
- Sound knowledge in research design, methods and analysis. Knowledge on SPSS, Stata and NVIVO is preferred.
- Preference will be given to candidates with experience in mental health research and prior academic publications
Interested, qualified, and motivated candidates meeting the above requirements are encouraged to apply along with cover letter, updated resume (CV), and expected salary to: email@example.com no later than 5:00 p.m., Friday, 11 May, 2018.