Nutrition Officers- Anukulan X (BRACED) Project,iDE Nepal
Title of Job : Nutrition Officer
Type of Service : Technical
Responsible to :Program Coordinator (LNGO) /District Coordinator
Duty Station :Respective Project District
Period of Service : One year with possible to extension
District: Doti, Kanchanpur and Dadeldhura
Purpose of Position:
Nutrition Officer (NO) will be responsible in planning, implementation, monitoring and reporting of nutrition components of Anukulan X-BRACED project in close coordination with program coordinator (LNGO), District Coordinator and Nutrition specialist. S/he will work closely with Anukulan X district, regional and central staff. The Nutrition Officer will be the focal person of health and nutrition activities at the district level. More specifically, s/he will perform the following tasks,
Program planning and implementation
- Support PC, DC and other ANUKULAN staff to create the enabling environment at district for smooth and effective delivery of the Nutrition components.
- Provide full support and assistance to PC and DC to develop detail implementation plan (DIP) of Nutrition component.
- Lead Nutrition component to implement effectively implemented in district as per DIP and ensure that is being implemented as per DIP, strategy and guidelines of ANNUKULAN.
- Assist PC, DC and relevant project staff in integrating nutrition components in other development activities at the assigned district planning mechanism.
- Under the guidance of Nutrition specialist, provide technical support to social mobilizers, and local communities and ensure the quality of the work and meeting the deadline.
- Support for conducting nutrition surveys in all project sites and generate discussion within the nutrition coordinators forums for any issues which needs to be addressed jointly.
- Support delivery of a comprehensive package of nutrition services and health service promotion activities at district.
- Support in a field testing and pre testing of different training packages and tools
- Support district coordinator and regional nutrition specialist in obtaining dates for the different trainings.
- Support NTAG and other trainers in conduct training of at different levels in the district.
- Support DHO/DPHO staff and trainers to organize TOT.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly plan with district team and share with DC and Nutrition specialist.
- Work closely with district team during planning, implementation, monitoring and reporting of the Nutrition components.
- Coordinate with the DHO/DPHO, local NGO and other stakeholders in the implementation of the nutrition program and health service promotion activities.
- Ensure proper communication, coordination and harmonization with the different stakeholders involved in nutrition and health service promotion activities.
- Support and coordinate with district coordinator and regional Nutrition specialist to implement, monitor of the program as per need.
Monitoring, Documentation and Reporting
- Regular field visit to backstop and monitoring in the program.
- Support District coordinator to organize joint monitoring (central/regional, district) involving different stakeholders as per need.
- Support district coordinator and regional specialist to prepare communication and extension materials as per need.
- Documents and share learning and experiences with PC/DC and nutrition specialist and others as appropriate.
- Prepare district level synthesis report of nutrition component.
- Support district coordinator gather and analyze information/data and to prepare Outcome Monitoring Summary (OMS) reports in-line with log-frame at district level about challenges, progress and learning of project outcomes/outputs in specified time periods (e.g. bimonthly, quarterly, half yearly and yearly basis).
- Support district coordinator to maintain and compile database, case studies and reports as required from regional/central level.
- Be responsible to meet the targets indicators in the assigned district related with nutrition components.
- Support district coordinator, nutrition specialist and regional and central team to manage visit of visitors, guests and representatives from donor and other stakeholders as per need.
- Facilitate and ensure public auditing is being implemented in each activity implementation.
- Perform duties as assigned by District Coordinator, Regional nutrition Specialist and regional and central team.
Key Competences required:
The position requires a result oriented, motivated and talented professional who demonstrates integrity, leadership quality, managerial competence, and ability to work with multi- disciplinary teams. More specifically, the position requires the following competencies:
Management and team work
- Builds strong relationships with all partners, focuses on impact and results and responds positively to critical feedback
- Demonstrates openness to change and ability to manage complexities
- Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude
- Proven networking, team building, organizational and communication skills
- Ability to work in multi-culture environment Personal effectiveness Listening and influencing: Demonstrates good listening skills. Presents view in convincing way and aware of different perspectives, feelings and concerns.
- Able to network and maintain working relationships with stakeholders, partners and staff.
- Positive Attitude: Aware on self-emotion and able to perform well with positive attitude in difficult situations.
- Proven ability to plan, organize and achieve results and experience of managing projects, contractors and services. Knowledge and expertise
- A clear understanding of contemporary development issues particularly on nutrition and health.
Required qualification and experience:
- Bachelor’s in Public Health (BPH) Degree from any recognized university or Bachelor’s Degree in nutrition and health with at least 2 years experiences in health and nutrition projects Updated knowledge of key issues in rural development, climate change forestry and agriculture.
- Experience in usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.)
- Strong written and spoken skills of Nepali and English languages.