Field Manager- Action Contre la Faim | Action Against Hunger
Field Manager- Action Contre la Faim | Action Against Hunger: Action Contre la Faim | Action Against Hunger is an international humanitarian organization committed to ending child hunger. Recognized as a leader in the fight against malnutrition, Action Against Hunger saves the lives of malnourished children while providing communities with access to safe water and sustainable solutions to hunger. With 30 years of expertise in emergency situations of conflict, natural disaster and chronic food insecurity, Currently operational in 50 countries, it started its work in Nepal from 2005. Usually referred as technical expert for acute malnutrition in Nepal, it has been operational in different parts of the country addressing undernutrition through integrated approach following the Nepal Government’s Multi-Sector Nutrition Plan. The organization was successful in bringing attention of the government, key donors, UN agencies and stakeholders to address severe acute malnutrition both in terms of treatment and prevention through Generation Nutrition Campaign where more than 39 different organizations shown their solidarity. Currently operational in 5 districts (Makwanpur, Nawalparasi, Nuwakot, Saptari and Rasuwa), it is fighting hunger through different programme intervention viz. Nutrition and Health, Mental Health and Care practices, WASH, and food security & livelihood. The organization now seeks to strengthen its initiatives around Disaster Risk Reduction to help establish integrated and resilience building approach to all its programmes.
As a non-governmental, non-profit, non-religious organization, we are committed to principled humanitarian action as outlined in our International Charter of Principles: independence, neutrality, non-discrimination, free and direct access to affected populations, professionalism and transparency.
- Ensure technical implementation of integrated WASH activities
- Overall preparation and planning of programme activities in the district
- Supportive Supervision and Monitoring
- Partnerships, Coordination and Collaboration
- Team Management
- Administration and Finance
- Recording, Documentation and Reporting
Qualification and Skills:
- Master’s degree in Social science, Public Health, Nutrition, Development studies or a relevant discipline
- At least 4 years of extensive experience in the development sector with significant exposure to WASH (WASH sector Governance, functionality and sustainability of WASH services, and partnerships) of which 3 years should be in similar position.
- 1-2 years’ experience in independently managing a field unit
- Previous experience of working in a Senior Management Team would be an advantage
- Strong knowledge/understanding of WASH sector in Nepal
- Ability to work in diverse team and environment with short deadlines and intense pressure
- Sensitive and responsive to Gender and Diversity, knowledge about Social Inclusion
- Excellent interpersonal, networking, communication, negotiation skills
- Excellent standard of written and spoken English and Nepali
- Sound knowledge of community/social mobilization
- Should be innovative and should have problem solving skills
- Should be result oriented
- Excellent computer skills including navigating email, internet and MS Word, Excel,and PowerPoint
Contract Type: Fixed Term
Start Date: January 2018
Contract Duration : 1 year
Duty Station : Nuwakot
VACANCY REF: ACFOPENUFM
Interested Nepali applicants with suitable skills are requested to submit a motivation letter, updated CV with two referees (one of the referees being their current or Immediate Line Manager) through email: [email protected]-acf.org by 27th December 2017 by 5 pm. The Vacancy Reference number (ACFOPENUFM) must be mentioned in the subject otherwise the application will be disqualified. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for further process. Action Contre la Faim Nepal reserves the right to reject any or all applicants. Telephone inquiries will not be entertained. Candidates are encouraged to apply early.
Action Contre La Faim is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from women, people with disabilities and members from disadvantaged/underrepresented ethnic groups.