3rd ASEF YOUNG LEADERS SUMMI “ETHICAL LEADERSHIP”
15-19 October 2018, Brussels, Belgium
The ASEF Young Leaders Summit (ASEFYLS) is the to-go-place for young people willing to un-learn, re-learn and learn new concepts, strategies and actions on how to create sustainable impact in society.ASEFYLS is an experiential platform for Asian and European students and young professionals that adapts a 360° approach on leadership development. ASEFYLS recognises that leadership takes place across all spectrum in society: at home, in lecture halls, in board rooms, within the community as well as from the streets up to the political arena. Leadership is for those who are determined to take a leap by asking questions, thinking critically, action-planning and collaborating.
ASEFYLS takes place alongside the Asia-Europe Meeting (ASEM) Summits, where Heads of States from the 51 ASEM partner countries, the EU and the ASEAN Secretariat meet to discuss the status and future of Asia-Europe relations.
The ASEFYLS is based on 5 pillars:
- #knowledge_stretching Development of fresh and rewarding insights to equip both recognised and unsung young leaders with a tool-kit for action
- #action_oriented Commitments and co-creation of spin-off activities linked to leadership and sustainable development in local communities
- #network_based Space for networking among youth, community leaders, responsible business leaders, thought provoking academics and policy-makers
- #leadership_exchange Opportunity for participation of ASEFYLS participants in the Asia-Europe Meeting (ASEM) Summit and relevant Ministers’ Meetings
- #reciprocity_focused Joint learning and sharing of time, talent & resources beyond the ASEFYLS framework for greater impact
The 3rd ASEF Young Leaders Summit (ASEFYLS3) will take place in conjunction with the 12th ASEM Summit (ASEM12) on 15-19 October 2018 in Brussels, Belgium. ASEFYLS3 focuses on Ethical Leadership, the human-centred form of responsible leadership, and aims to dismantle and re-assemble the concept thereof: in the context of self-leadership, team leadership and societal leadership.
But how can one distinguish between a leader and an ethical leader? Does it show in the decision-making process or the impact of the decision taken? And how shall one navigate between diverse and competing values and expectations, from a micro to a macro scale. ASEFYLS3 aims to nourish ethically literate leaders by providing a platform for reflection, dialogue and practice.
ASEFYLS3 focuses on values and challenges of ethical leadership embedded in 11 spheres:
- Religion and spirituality
- Science and technology
The 4-day conference will conclude with an “ASEFYLS3 Call for Action & Commitments on Ethical Leadership”.
ASEFYLS3 is preceded by 2 ASEFYLS Navigators Trainings in Pune, India and Warsaw, Poland respectively. The trainings serve as a springboard and capacity building opportunity for the youth facilitators who will guide the ASEFYLS3 participants during on-site discussions and spin-off activity preparations.
Deadline: Sunday, 20 May 2018, GMT 23.59