The 2019 Johns Hopkins Healthcare Design Competition sponsored by Boston Scientific and hosted by the Johns Hopkins Department of Biomedical Engineering and the Center for Bioengineering Innovation and Design is now accepting application for design competition.
Eligibility for Application:
- Project must be focused on a healthcare application
- Innovations for both high-resource settings and global health applications are eligible
- Device, hardware, and digital solutions are eligible
- Project must have been started after January 1st, 2015
- Project must be driven by full-time students
- Ph.D./Postdoc research projects and projects that have utilized significant research funding (>$100k) are ineligible
- Projects that are not run by full-time students are ineligible. For example, projects run by startup companies or faculty are ineligible.
- Eligible full-time students include those working towards undergraduate, masters, doctoral, and professional degrees (MBA, MD, etc.).
If you have any questions regarding your team’s eligibility, please contact Aditya Polsani at [email protected].
- February 18 – Submission of Proposals
- March 15 – Announcement of Applicants Selected
- April 14 – Finals at JHU
- Designs of Solutions for Advanced Health Systems
- Global Health/ Humanitarian Design
- Healthcare Apps/Information Technology Design
Questions? Please email [email protected]